Chapter Twenty-Nine : Off to Pikoro

~•~Author's pov~•~

Y/N stood there, Laurance had just left and her heart was going a mile a minute. She did it, she gave him the ring.

Oh Irene, why did I do that?!

She sighs, trying to calm herself down, thinking she had unintentionally confessed her feelings to him. There was no way, but a part of her was relieved to get all of that off of her shoulders.

But she was sure Laurance didn't want a relationship with all the stuff that was going on. Even then, she confessed how safe she felt with him, it was the truth after all.

Though, she couldn't hide the fact that she was grinning like an idiot. Laurance understood her perfectly, he even took the ring that was supposed to be hers.

No, no, stop that, serious things are happening.

She snapped herself out of whatever was happening and immediately got to changing her clothes, putting on the thieving outfit (she liked how it looked on her).

Instead of sleeping, she spent most of the night thinking about O’kasis and Tu’la. Since she didn’t know much about the regions it was sort of hard to find things that would be helpful to talk about. While she was making herself something to eat, she looked out the curtains on her window and saw that the sun had already risen. Not only that but she had completely forgotten what she was supposed to be thinking about.

She silently ate her food, thinking about nothing at all. There was a knock on her door that startled Kitty who was eating some food as well. “It’s open!” The person came in, she hadn’t looked up yet but she knew she was wrong about it only being one person. When she looked up from her plate she saw Levin, Malachi, and Aphmau standing near the now closed door.

“Oh, uh, good morning,” she sets down her plate and stands up slowly. “Did you guys need something..?”

Aphmau sets forward, a somber look on her face compared to the more carefree one she had last night. “Sorry to bother you so early in the morning but I need you to tell Levin and Malachi what you saw.”

At first Y/N had no clue what she was talking about, then she remembered O’kasis. “Oh right.. Well first, please, go ahead and sit down.” She takes her plate to the kitchen while they all sit down. She comes back and sits down, all three of them looking at her.

"When we had I gone to find you," she looked up at the ceilings, trying to find the right words. "I had went to O'Kasis for… reasons and while I was there, O'kasis was being invaded.."

"T-this can't be.." Levin seemed shocked, Malachi was a little better at hiding his emotions, only meeting her sentence with a small eyebrow raise.

She nods, "There were people taking to the streets, running around frantically trying to leave or find somewhere to hide." Letting a loud exhale out, she continues, "The ships were at their docks and they were at Nahakra aswell.."

"O'kasis is the major powerhouse of this region.. are you telling me that there's someone out there more powerful?"

Y/N nods, "From what I heard, it was the King of the Tu'la region.."

Levin lets out a forced chuckle, "Since when do we have kings..?" For Y/N she knew that there were kings out there, like King Eren. Though Pakari was more of an island, it did have a monarchy.

Of course, not a lot of people would pay attention to the tyranny of a king on a small island. "I know of at least one king," she mumbled to herself.

Malachi speaks up, looking his brother dead in the eyes. "Levin.. Many years ago, we followed the rule of monarchy. Even in our region with self proclaimed kings."