Chapter Seven : An Idea

They walk down the stairs silently, hand in hand. As they walk down, Laurance stares at their hands before looking away. The stand to the right of Laurance. The king smiles as soon as he sees Fenrir, "AH! MY SON! I trust Mino has informed you of the situation."

He looks at Y/N, "I see you brought your beautiful fiance as well to see this. Let her know that you won't fight any other man for her!" Y/N looks everywhere in the room but at the despicable man who's dumbly sitting on the throne.

Fenrir gives him a thin lipped smile but Y/N could see the disappointment in his eyes. He looks down for a moment and whispers to himself, "What happened to you father..? You're so corrupt now.."

"Hm? Did you say something?"

Emotions suddenly erupted within the boy causing him to lash out suddenly, "IN FACT I DID! I SAID-"

The king leaned back in his chair, clearly very amused, "Yes, shout louder so your friend in the dungeon can hear." He was shaking, Y/N could still feel how angry he was, but the anger turned into fear once his father threatened his friend.

She gives his hand a short but reassuring squeeze, Fenrir clears his throat, "..Father, I wanted to say that I want to wait until the night of mine and Ophelia's wedding to commence the beheading of the male meif'wa."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WED-" Laurance shouted before he was interrupted by the. King, "Under what reasoning?"

He explains that since they're getting married under a full moon, the Lunar goddess might appreciate a sacrifice. Since his father is all about appeasing the spirits of course he thought it was a great idea.

Once the king was done chuckling, still marvelling at his son's great idea he said, "Very well, the execution will commence after the wedding. Throw the male meifwa back in the dungeon." The meeting was dismissed but Laurance was struggling against the guards, "Y-YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS! I SWEAR IF YOU HURT HER I'LL-"

They drag him away as Y/N fight the urges to run after him. Her once firm grip on Fenrir's hand softened.

He'll be alright..

And how are you so sure?

Once they arrived back in their room, they were both silent for a moment, they let go of each other's hands and Fenrir walked over to the balcony.

"Ophelia," She walks over to him, leaning on the cold bars. He looks at her and the sorrow in his eyes is evident.

"I truly am really sorry for this situation that you're in. I'm sorry that my father is like this. He wasn't like this before the war started. He uses our traditions to try to excuse his horrible actions b-but.."

The girl felt sympathy for him since it wasn't just her being forced into this, it was him as well. She looks at him and can see tears welling up, "I am sorry, so very sorry.."

She gives him a small smile, "Look, you've bought Laurance more time and I'm grateful for that.."

Her hand goes up to lay on his shoulder, she hesitates before placing it down gently. She could tell he was being sincere. "I don't blame you. At all. We'll find a way to get out of this Fenrir,"

She went through ideas many times in her head. The only one she keeps coming back to..

"Why don't we try attacking the king..?"

Even though she shouldn't have asked him that, it felt like their only way out. She has been told about Lady Aphmau's powers but she was also told that she can't control them.

So that option's out.

He looks at her, an eyebrow raised, "It's a dark thought, however, he always has guards near him 24/7. If we try to attack, it'll only harm the ones we have in the dungeon."

His eyes widened in realization as he grinned, "That's it! Abby!"

Y/N stood there in confusion before realizing that she must be his love in the dungeons.

"Abby is a guard for hire, she doesn't stay with one village, the last place she visited was Scaleswind. Maybe she can help us because she has a lot of connections in a lot of places!"

He was talking so fast, clearly he was excited and felt that this could work somehow.

"I need you to go into the dungeon and talk with her to see if she has any ideas on how to get out of this." He looked at Y/N who looked really confused.

"Wait- why me? Why can't you go talk to her? I don't even know her!" She brings her hand back down since he didn't seem to need any more comforting.

He smiles at her sadly, "My father does not permit me to enter the dungeon. My mother could probably get you in under the guise that you're there to see Laurance. Believe it or not, my mother is on our side.. she just wants things to go back to what they were before.. you know.."

"What am I supposed to tell Abby?"

"Ask her if she has any connection that we could use to get out of this, tell her about the marriage. And tell her that she's in there because she's my.. close friend.."

"I thought you said she was your lover-"

Almost immediately after she said that, Fenrir's cheeks turned a light shade of pink, "She uh, doesn't know that I love her.."

He tells her how they met and she thought it was kinda cute how much he was fond of her. She knew that if he told Abby how he felt that they would definitely have a long lasting, healthy relationship.

He grabs both of her hands together, "But please, please don't tell her that I love her, the only reason I told you is because I didn't want you to develop feelings for me!"

She looks at her hands, then back up at him, "Alright, I won't tell her."

"I know, I'm sorry, it just kind of slipped out while we were talking yesterday, even though our relationship is platonic and we were on the same page."

Y/N just nods and lets out a short laugh, letting go of his hands, "Alright, we need to go talk to Ylva."