Chapter Twenty-Seven : Happy Day

The whole group stood near the docks, Aphmau talking to Cadenza and Laurance talking to some random dude.

Y/N was honestly pretty happy to be heading home. All she did on the boat ride home was read the book that Laurance gave her.

It wasn't long before she finished it, just as that happened, the boat had docked at Phoenix Drop. She took some time gathering her things, when she got off the boat, Dante was talking to Aphmau.

Aphmau finished their conversation and Dante came up to Y/N giving her a tight hug. "Hey Dante." She was beaming, looking awfully happy.

"Well you're look giddy today,"

"It's nothing Dad,"

"How was the trip?"

She explains what happened in the smallest amount of time possible, leaving out Elias and all that jazz. Dante's expressions changed multiple times and it looked like he was about to lecture her. Instead, he puts his hands on her shoulders and says, "You know what, I'm just glad you're okay."

"Of course I am!"

Dante nods before pulling out his sword, "If you'll excuse me, I have to go deal with a certain purple haired cat. Also, Kitty is with Nekoette and Kawaii~Chan."

"Alright, bye Dadte." Dante runs off to the boat and Y/N waits for Laurance to finish talking to the others.

She takes out the box with the rings, Laurance's smile grows wider as he approaches her.

"Hey there Little Lady."

"Hey, uhm Laurance I wanted to.." she fiddles with the box, he hasn't spotted it yet, but she was unsure whether she should give him one. That was the original reason she bought two and not one.

"What is it..?" He watches her curiously, obviously she was nervous.

"You know what, nevermind." She smiles and heads in the direction of Kawaii~Chan's house.

Nekoette and Dimitri were both standing outside. Dimitri must've patched things up with Dante. Y/N was told by them that Nicole allowed him to stay here.

"Oh, Lia~Senpai, momma says that I can learn to be a fighter!"

Y/N kneels down to her level, smiling, "That's great!" She ruffles the little girl's hair who only giggles.

Nekoette was holding a small little bow and it looked like she was trying to to shoot at a target that they had drawn.

"Can you teach me??" The girl asked, looking ecstatic since she knew that Y/N's weapon of choice was a bow. Y/N smiled, "Of course!"

First, they started with fixing her technique, since Nekoette was a lefty, she would have to hold the bow differently. Her right hand on the bow itself and her left pulling back the string. Y/N demonstrated how it looks for a person who's dominant hand is the left one even though hers was her right hand.

Nekoette got the hang of it quickly. That's when Y/N taught her how to actually hit the target. Of course, she didn't get it at first but with more practice she could be as good as Y/N is.

Y/N took pride in the fact that Nekoette wanted to be an archer like her. She felt a small tug, it was Dimitri.

"Can you- um help me with my sword technique?"

That was the most adorable thing Y/N had seen today. She puts her hand on her heart, "Sure Dimitri." She then takes time to help Dimitri aswell.

After all that's done, Y/N hugs the little ones and goes inside to say hi to Kawaii~Chan and get her cat.