Chapter Three : The Cat's Meow

Aphmau, Laurance, Katelyn, and Y/N all went into the house, Michi letting them in willingly of course. Two of the girls sat down as Laurance went to stare at the bookcase. Katelyn went to the kitchen to eat the cookies.

A kitten hopped up onto Y/N’s lap and she just started petting it’s small head as Aphmau started talking, “Celeste the kittens love you. Look at that, you're like the ringleader. Isn’t that so cute?” She coos, looking at the dog that’s in the middle of a cat circle.

“Laurance and Katelyn are both busy I see.” Y/N says as she reaches over to the small table before Aphmau helps her, grabbing a cookie for her.

“Thanks,”

“You’re welcome.” Aphmau smiled and glanced down at the cat, “This one really seems to have taken a liking to you.”

Michi glares at Y/N since she sees that too. Michi tries to take the cat away but it just hisses at her.

Y/N quickly stifles a laugh and gets up, holding the kitten in her arms. She walks over to Katelyn, “Girl, I sure hope you saved some for me.”

Katelyn tries to hide the sweets, “There’s no sweets over here..”

Y/N chuckles, “Katelyn, I saw you eating them over here. I just want one.”

“Fine.” Katelyn shows her the almost empty plate. There were only two cookies left.

Y/N raises an eyebrow, and was about to say something but then Michi started yelling again. Something about her not being related to Kawaii~Chan?

Katelyn and Y/N laugh quietly, Y/N grabs one certain cookie, “Hey, why’s this one so… bitter..”

Katelyn shrugs and strokes the kitten that Y/N was holding. She finished the cookie anyway and left Katelyn to go talk to Laurance.

“Hi,”

“Hey little lady,” he tilts his head to the side and smiles playfully.

“She got any interesting books?” She steps closer to the bookshelf to examine the titles.

“They’re all about cats…” he replied with an unamused face.

“Well the actual thing is more interesting than a book. Look, this one likes me,” she giggled happily, holding the little kitten up to her face. Laurance smiled at the cute smile she was showing.

Michi jumps up from her place on the couch and goes up to Laurance.

“Hi there!”

He turns around and straightens his posture, “Hello, I wanted to thank you on behalf of Ophelia, Lady Aphmau, Katelyn, and myself for your hospitality."

Aphmau just sits there on the couch looking confused and Y/N frowns as Michi had interrupted her showing off the kitten. “Anything for a cutie like you! Say… do you think I’m cuter than Ophelia and Aphmau?”

Y/N stops what she was doing and her and Aphmau exchange a confused look.

“...I-I beg your pardon?”

“Come on, admit it! Cat-girls are much cuter than regular girls!”

Y/N just shrugs and looks at the books to distract herself, “I’m sorry, but at the moment I’m not interested in anyone..”

“If you’re not interested in anyone then why don’t we get together cutie? Nya!~” She grabs his hands and pulls him close.

“H-HEY! G-GET OFF ME!”

Y/N pushes her off, “I don’t think Laurance is interested in you, crazy cat girl-“ A loud thud interrupts as they all look over to see Katelyn’s body laying on the ground. Another thud and Laurance is on the ground. Y/N’s eyelids start to feel heavy as she passes out on the ground, followed shortly by Aphmau.