Chapter-34: Ash V/s Blaine! The Ancestral Battle!

Author's Notes:
Welcome to the Chapter-34 of the book. This is also the first chapter with the new style for Author's notes, with it coming up twice now. In any case, the chapter is not only going to have the Gym battle but also the start of a one chapter team rocket arc.

With this chapter, I've decided to add the mature tag to this book. Now don't expect things to go to the lemonous side of things, at least wait till they hit puberty perverts! (To all who think that's why I'm adding the tag.)

While the violence is rated T. T+ at most, but expect a full blown assault on Team Rocket in the next chapter.

Our heroes woke up after a good night's sleep at the Riddle Me Inn. The previous night, they'd vacated their room from the pokemon center as soon as they arrived at the Inn, greeted by Ridge who was impressed by Misty's knack for solving his riddles.

He was so impressed, he gave them free rooms for their entire duration on the island. But now it's seven in the morning, Ash just walked in after an intense training session, alongside Serena and Pikachu.

Ever since discovering her abilities, she's decided to train alongside Ash, and it has been very productive so far. Also helps that she gets to spend more time to spend with him.

Misty and Brock had just gotten up and Ridge had brewed them some coffee, when Ash and Serena walked in.

"A good training session Ash? You too Serena?" Ridge asked.

"Yes. We do this everyday." Serena smiled.

"Then you might like some energy drink." He suggested, while opening the refrigerator to get two cartons.

"Thank you Ridge." Ash replied gratefully, as he and Serena put their straws into their juices. "Mmm This is good!" Serena said happily.

"I'm glad you like it." Ridge replied.

*               *               *

It was nine in the morning. Ash was sitting in the lobby, waiting for Officer Jenny. His friends were there too. The policewoman walked in at the time she said she would.

"Hello Officer, how may I help you?" Ridge asked, while Ash walked beside her.

"Good morning sir. I'd like to give in my recommendation for Ash's gym battle against Blaine." She replied.

"Hmm... you must've done something to earn this Jenny's grace." The golden-blonde said. "Alright Ash, I'll give you the location to the gym. It's in a place where no fire-fighter can win."

"Oh come on! Not another riddle!" Ash screamed in despair.

"Now why don't you kids take a break, I'm sure you'll all enjoy the hot springs." Ridge suggested.

"Ash... we should take a break, maybe we can think better after that." Serena suggested.

Agreeing with her, the group decided to seek refuge in the hot springs.

*               *               *

Ash was still frustrated about all the riddles, so to distract himself he brought the egg with him. Serena was sitting beside him. She enjoyed watching him take care of the egg as if it were their own baby.

"Who's gonna be the strong pokemon!" "You're going to be the strong pokemon" He said as he cradled the egg in his arm.

Meanwhile Misty had obsessed herself with solving Ridge's riddle. She kept repeating it.

"A place where no firefighter can win"

Her eyes went to the Gyarados shaped outlet, that brought the hot water from the volcano.