Chapter 11

⚠️TW: Abuse⚠️

Flashback

Nayeon's POV

My feet took me to the apartment where we have been living for a few months by now, Ha-Jun and I. It's been good so far, beside a few certain aspects. 

He made sure to put up some rules for me, which included the time I must come home, when I cleaned the rooms, and pretty much everything that had to do with what he wanted from me.

And currently, I broke one of his rules- the coming on time rule. 

A student of mine had struggles with English and I couldn't just leave him there with stress in his head. So I helped him with the things he found difficult. 

Of course, I first of all thought about calling my boyfriend and telling him I would be later than usual, but my phone was dead and I didn't have my charger with me. 

Perhaps he wouldn't be so mad if I told him why I didn't hold myself to his rule.

I was helping a student, after all.

My hands fiddled with the keys of the front door, almost dropping them onto the floor. I took a deep breath and put the key into the door, with that opening it and entering. 

He already stood there, waiting for me.

The tension was thick the second I walked inside, and my breath hitched at that.

"Hello, honey." I said to him as normally as I could, though I was scared shitless inside. 

His footsteps came closer to me as I closed the door and took off my coat- my heartbeat was in my throat at this point. 

I turned back around to see Ha-Jun standing right infront of me- towering over me. His expression was unreadable, which petrified me. 

I couldn't tell what he was feeling or what he wanted to do. 

But I didn't need to read his face once his hand took a hold of my hair and pushed me against the wall near the door, making my head thump back against the wall.

A groan left my lips as the throbbing pain had made its way into my skull, making me cringe at the feeling and my hands to reach up to touch the spot that was hit.

His grip on my head was tight- I could almost feel him pulling the hairs right out of me. "Where were you?!" He growled into my face, his spit hitting my cheek. 

My eyes were squinted as I looked him in the eyes, not wanting to make him more upset than he already was. God knows what he might do to me if I were to annoy him even more. But I couldn't help the flinch I made when he pulled me closer to him. 

I'd better tell him now, or else he'll suspect me of something different other than the truth.

I quickly gathered up the courage to speak, "I had to help a student back at school. He had trouble with English, that's why I was later than usual. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I told him truthfully, but I saw he still had his doubts over my reasoning.