Chapter 6

Jihyo's POV

The day was going good so far, I haven't had any complaints.

All students have kept themselves to their homework and listened well to my lessons.

I'm glad.

My best friend and I were walking towards the school entrance right now, the wind breezing against our faces.

Jeongyeon and I went out and got something to eat at a nearby cafe because we both were dumb enough to not pack up enough food for the whole day.

"How has it been going with that new student of yours, Son Chaeyoung?" The older woman asked me as we walked into the school building, "I saw that she already made a few friends, especially quickly with Mina. Those two seem to get along very well."

"It's going good so far from what I heard, she luckily has no troubles with the stuff she needs to learn and know. Which is fortunate for her, I think she will easily pass this year."

We walked further through the halls and met Dahyun and Mina along the way, two of Jeongyeon's students.

"Hello, ladies." The science teacher said and looked at the pair with a radiant smile, until she noticed that Dahyun's pants were soaked. "Woah, hold on there, what happened here? Was there another food fight?" 

The pair of girls stopped in their tracks and now stood infront of us, "No Ms Yoo, no food fight occurred this time. Mina spilled her drink and it unfortunately came all over my lap, but it's okay. Sana had an extra pair of sweatpants with her." Dahyun told us while Mina held up the sweatpants in her hand.

"Alright, well you girls hurry up and make sure you're on time for your next lesson. I don't want to hear any trouble coming from you two again." Jeongyeon said before the two kids walked off.

"Have they been causing trouble lately? That's not something that I'd expect from those two, in all honesty." I asked her, not believing that those two would do anything that could cause a lot of trouble. 

She chuckled and shook her head, "No, but I just like to give warnings." 

That answer didn't surprise me.

I stopped walking, "Well, I'm going back to my class. Will I see you after school?" 

"You bet, I'll be waiting by your car." Jeongyeon told me and we exchanged a quick hug, "See you, Thomas." 

---

It was quiet in my class. 

A few whispers were heard in the back of the room, but I didn't mind. Aslong as it didn't disturb the others or me, I'm fine with it.

I myself was reading the book that I had been trying to finish this week, completely captivated in the storyline. 

It was when I flipped to the next page that I heard distant yelling come from outside of my classroom. Must be two students fooling around again in the hallways. 

Nobody paid any attention to it and continued with their work, including me. 

But then all of a sudden, a loud thud was heard and the vibrations went through the floor.