just a dream

BEEP!
the loud sound rang through the young teenagers ears. 30 seconds passed.
BEEP!
still no movement from our protagonist. another 30 seconds passed and yet again.
BEEP!
this time the door to the room swung open.
BEEP!

"KAYLA MARIA LEIA JOHNSON! GET UP FOR HEAVENS SAKE!"

kay's eyes shot open. they hated being called that. their mum was standing wide eyed in their doorway, an angry look plastered across their face. mrs Johnson wasn't the prettiest of people, her anger issues probably didn't help with that.

"GOD THAT STUPID ALARM IS DRIVING ME MAD! TURN IT OFF!"

it seemed a lot of things drove kay's mother mad - there was no preventing it really. still, reluctantly
kay reached out a boney arm and switched off their alarm. strange. they didn't remember turning it on? must of done it while they were semi-conscious they thought. with that last lingering thought, kay's mom left the room in a somewhat hurry; slamming the door behind her, the anger never really leaving her face. in fact her eyebrows were burrowed further than before.

"guess i should get ready for school." they thought as they stood up and pushed a single braid out of their face. taking off their oversized 'my chemical romance' t-shirt and bicycle shorts, they began to change into their school uniform. in some respect, kay was thankful for their school having a school uniform, if not for the uniform they would probably show up to school in the same outfit every day of the school year; that would only increase the harassment kay already faced on the daily.

one thing they were not thankful for, was the knee length skirt that they had to wear every day. kay's parents didn't have enough respect for their child to allow them to wear trousers instead. not even reassuring their child that the skirt looked half decent on them. in fairness it didn't really suit them. it didn't suit anyone in that right. well, except for jen of course, the angel student that could pull off anything. even her schools musty knee length skirts.

packing their bag with the necessary books and equipment; kay got ready to leave. however that repetitive dream kept replaying in kay's mind. just them and jen. together in total darkness. kay wondered about the black goo that poured out of her eyes, and the stench that soon followed. they'd be having that dream ever since the accident, how they wish they could reverse time. how that concert could last forever. kay would do absolutely anything to go back to see that hamilton play again. seeing it won't jen was... magical. thoughts continued to race through kay's mind and once again they found themselves zoning out, lost in their own mind.

after finally snapping out of it, kay picked up their bag and threw it over their shoulder, stepping into the hallway of their one floored home. slowly but surely they collected and put on their school shoes. with no time to eat breakfast - they grabbed a cereal bar and with one last yell of "GOODBYE!" they were off.