Chapter 39 - trouble around the corner

Start from the beginning

I checked my Swarovski wristwatch to make sure I wasn't running late before going closer as he said. I went and stood right next to his bed, while he stood up and literally turned me around like I was some mannequin he was trying his designs on.

"What are you doing?" I Asked with a curious chuckle.

"Do you seriously plan on going to somebody's wedding like this?"

I furrowed my eyebrows "what's wrong? Don't I look good?"

"You do, very much, And that's the problem" he said "that and the dress is way too tight" he folded his arms and continued staring at me, which made me roll my eyes.

"No it's not"

"It is" he insisted "I'm very sure you can't even sit down because it will tear"

"You're exaggerating" I defended "it's just an illusion because fitted gowns are supposed to look tight, but they're not actually tight"

He looked so uninterested and his eyes held that look of stubbornness, which only meant that I was in for a hot treat "wether its an illusion or illustration, I don't care, just go and change"

My jaw literally dropped and eyes looked like they were about to fall out of their holes just by the mere thought of how much hell I'd go through to unzip that dress, talk more of pulling it off my body.

"You're not actually serious right?" I really hoped he wasn't, but that look in his eyes said otherwise.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" He gave me yet another stern look, which also served as a confirmation that he meant what he said "there's no way I'm letting you go out there while looking this hot. Absolutely no way"

"Please don't make me do this" I sighed, wrapping my arms around his neck as an attempt to seduce him into letting me go "you have no idea how hard it was to put this dress on, both Nengi and I really suffered Wallahi"

"Why won't you suffer when the dress looks like a second skin?" It was so funny how he was genuinely annoyed. I almost let the laugh I was holding out, but common sense told me that if I did that, he definitely wouldn't let me go anywhere "who's even the stupid tailor that sewed it for you? Doesn't he know that you're married?"

"Okay do not bring Hudayya into this, she did nothing to you" I said, trying to hide my grin while he still held that annoyed expression "you're really exaggerating Bestie, it's not as tight as you think. And it's just a friendly event anyway"

"A friendly event?" He raised an eyebrow "please look at your bumbum, do you think it's a friendly bumbum?"

I didn't even realize when I bursted into a fit of giggles, both and what he said and how serious he was about it.

"I'm actually not playing babe, you're not going out like this" he stated, and my laughter immediately started to die down "it's either you change into something else or come and cuddle with me"

"Haba mana bestie, it's my friend's wedding and this is the asoebi, I can't show up in anything else and stand out like a sore thumb among everyone" I pouted "And I'm not going like this, I'll put a veil on," I unfolded the pretty big Red fabric and threw it over my shoulders "See?"

He narrowed his eyes and scanned me again, still not fully convinced "No! Someone will definitely walk up to you and ask for your number"