eight

Lockdown day 4

"Harper, Harper

"Harper, Harper..."

Layla's voice rang loud. Then it started echoing as she pounded the large back window of the school bus. Legs on the point of giving up and tears streaming down her rosy cheeks, Harper ran past the pedestrians.

"Harper, Harper, come on-"

A group of young boys laughed at the scenery. Harper continued running. She cannot miss the bus to the field trip. Thanks to Harry she's late, Harry, Harry, Harry, always him coming up to some mischief, he hid her mobile phone, and she wasted time searching the house when he handed her back at the last minute. However, one of the boys who were laughing grabbed her rose gold backpack and pulled her. Harper shouted at the top of her lungs as friction disappeared under her feet, and her head faced the morning blue sky before you could say knife.

"Harper, wake up," Jenna shouted.

Her eyes snapped open at last. She sat up, wiping the sweat near her headline with the tip of her fingers. Jenna stepped back and shook her head in disapproval.

"It's a lockdown, not a vacation."

Panting slightly, Harper replied, "Yes, I know."

"Your alarm kept ringing. It's already eight. Get up."

Groaning, she wiped her half-asleep eyes.

"I could have slept ten more minutes. Class starts at nine."

She opened her mouth wide to yawn. She then grabbed her mobile phone and showed Jenna the email.

"Oh, that's why you put an alarm. Get changed and bring your pancakes here. We'll start this thing up," Jenna ordered, pointing towards the laptop.

"You made pancakes?" Harper asked, smiling like a kid on Christmas.

"Paul did. I cut the fruits."

"In that case, I'll be back in no time."

Sweet pancakes and a nice cup of coffee sounded ideal after a horrifying nightmare. Harper has never gone to school late. The same will go for online schooling.

"I'm a good student," she mumbled.

Changing into black leggings and a light grey sweater after a quick shower, Harper combed her hair and tied it in a regular ponytail. She headed downstairs and prepared a stack of pancakes upon which she drizzled maple syrup. Scattering her favorite fruits around her plate, she poured some cold coffee into her mason jar.

After placing everything on her table, she watched Jenna click the link in the email that downloaded the Zoom app. Typing Harper's name, she clicked (join meeting), and the page appeared.