CHAPTER 26

Eleven POV

"YOU f*cking bastard..." Usal nito habang naka subsob ang mukha sa keyboard ng laptop. This is Kurtian Exhajuster Collin we're talking about he's always been crazy.

Nagkibit-balikat ako at tumingin sa kanya, "I told you to find information on Hackery's stepfather. Is it that hard of an ask? So much for being the best hacker on the planet."

He's the greatest hacker in the world. And is obsessed with computers and machines. He's also a bastard who gets off digging up dangerous information.

"You bastard!" Galit na Singhal nito habang tumayo. "Tell me that you want me to investigate a ghost or a human? I can't find anything on him!"

'And he's the one of Konstantin's close circle who doesn't fear him.'

Kurtian Exhajuster Collin is my cousin from my mother side.

"I've never seen anything like it before!" Singhal pa niya, "Vasily Chaos Su Rui and his father, Murphy Su Rui, both have squeaky clean records. They're too clean, which is weird. There's no record of her mother dating anyone after divorce!" He added.

I just cross my arms and sighed, "That's all Lereft could find when he was investigating. Which is why I ask you to come here."

Na-iinis na minamasahe nito ang batok, "It was the same on my end! There's nothing more I can investigate, couldn't that Hackery or Vasily guy have lied to you to trick you? Or maybe the record that Lereft give you are fake!"

Kurtian has a point, Lereft is the one who investigate Hackery's record back then. Pero bakit ang sinabi ni Kurtian at iyung impormasyon na ibinigay sa'kin ni Lereft ay hindi magkatugma? Hmm... there's something fishy.

"They've probably been manipulated, like you said." I agreed.

He frown, "How can you be sure of that, when he's supposedly a normal florist?"

"There's no way Hackery lived a normal life, despite what his records say. You're saying he's just an average man who finished school and worked at a company before opening up a flower shop? Bullshit." I signed and hold back my temper and my mind is about to explode because of the heavy thoughts, "Yesterday, I saw him shooting an MP5SD like a pro."

Gulat na tiningnan niya ako, "An MP5SD? you mean the machine gun with a silencer attached? And what do you mean, "YESTERDAY"?" His eyebrow creased and cross his arm, "What sort of trouble have you gotten yourself into now? You know grandfather told you to behave!"

"Shut up, don't you dare bring up grandfather. Besides, they were after Hackery, not me."

"What?" He shockingly said.

"Kurtian, you like hacking into government offices, right?" I seriously said.

He grinned, "You know I do. I love it." Pero agad din nawala ang kanyang malapad na ngiti, "But I've already hacked into most of them, so it's no fun anymore." Aniya at umupo pagkatapos ay humarap siya sa monitor.

"Try the police for now." I said while pointing at the monitor.

"The police?" He ask then tap something on the keyboard.

"Yesterday, there was a gunfight in downtown San Lucas. Some crazy bastard destroyed Justien's Coffee Shop." I said.

"Really? The coffee shop located to your HQ?" He ask without looking at me instead he's focused on the monitor.

"It was a mess. Justien and I almost got shot. If Hackery hadn't annihilated those bastards, we wouldn't have made it out alive." I stand up straight and look at the big screen, "How dare they destroy Justien's Coffee Shop? And right Infront of me! I won't let this slide, no matter what. Find out who they are this instant. I'm going to destroy them."

"Konstantin..." He massage his forehead as if he's about to pull off my tongue, "If what you said is true, this isn't just a matter for the police to handle. The case has probably been transferred to the FBI. Obviously, I would love to hack the FBI." He stop and look at me annoyingly, "But who the hell is this guy Hereasvlgr's friend? I can't find anything on him, no matter how hard I look. And he knows how to use a machine gun of all things...who on earth is he? Is he really a ghost?"

"Looks like we had the same thought." Nawawalan ng gana na sagot ko at naupo nalamang sa desk niya. "One things for sure. He isn't just an average man. A normal citizen could never shoot with such accuracy in the dark with bullets raining down on him. And he's definitely no rookie. It's obvious he's skilled people countless times before. He was shooting at their heads calmly, like they were just paper targets." Mahabang sabi ko at tumunghay sa kisame.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I met a ghost, like Kurtian said.

'If not...it feel almost feels like I met some stranger...and not the Hackery I know.' I tap my chin.

"Wow. He sure sound like a catch." He said and shrugged. "Are you sure he isn't a member of the Mafia or some other gang? Maybe he's part of a power struggle between different groups."

"He can't be some common thug from a gang." Sagot ko habang nakatunghay pa rin sa kisame.

He lean on the desk then continue tapping the keyboard, "...This is getting more complicated than I expected."

Yumukod ako at may tinipa sa keyboard, "I can't let this go. There has to be more to this. Find out everything you can and look into Hackery again, too." Panggigiit ko pa.

"Damn it, that's easier said than done." Na-iinis na komento nito at nagpatuloy sa pagtipa.

Umismid ako, "You're always saying you're the best hacker in the world. This is your chance to prove it." I confronted him.

He glare at me, "I've already proven myself plenty! Besides, I'm a hacker, not a detective agency." He sarcastically said.

"Just do it. I don't care where you look, as long as you find the information." I close my eyes.

Paano ko ba ito pasusunurin? Alam ko na...

"If you help me with this, I'll give you a proper gift." After I said that his face is gloomy. I slap my forehead, sana nga hindi ko pagsisisihan itong sinabi ko.

----

"Double the number of guards on the Coffee Shop." Kasalukuyan kaming bumaba ng hagdan.

"What?" Rete ask.

"No, actually, just bring my sister at the mansion. That should be the safest place for her to stay." I said and close the button of my polo.

"Why did you suddenly decide to have her brought there?" He ask again.

"Dad ask me to keep Hereasvlgr safe. And there's no safer place than my own home, right?"

Rete remain silent while look at me.

"Besides, I need bait that will guarantee that Hackery tell me the truth about him. And the best bait for that would be Hereasvlgr." I turn my back at him then stop, "Let's see..."

How long he can last.

/////

P/S: Typo and grammatical errors a head!