𝟷•

Smile

A castle.

So old the vines have vines, the roses more thorn than rose.

Namjoon couldn't complain though, 'cause this rugged castle is were he resides. He's the emperor, of course he could afford to get it replenished, or maybe even rebuilt, but to do that he'd have to enter into the out. Something he hasn't done since... ever. You may be wondering how that's possible, well Namjoon was born in this here castle. Growing up he was never the going outside to play type, but the stay inside and be alone kind of kid.  Although, he didn't leave to visit the outside world, he watched and observed from afar. Seeing how people treated each other differently for something as petty as one's looks.

Hiding your face is nearly impossible being the emperor, but Namjoon has managed just fine. It's not that no one has seen his face, the people inside his castle has. By the people inside his castle, I mean his four loyalists, Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi, Park Jimin, and Kim Taehyung, have been beside him for a long time and seem to not be leaving in the near future.

Namjoon has done a lot for his town without showing his face and that's good, but there comes bad with having a name with no face. Rumors and lies unfold like a bubonic epidemic. To be honest, these words are nothing but... words, to Namjoon. Nothing can bother Namjoon as long as no one finds out his biggest secret.

His face.

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Green grass, blue sky, brown dirt, grey rocks, it's all the same!" Namjoon whined.

"Well, what do you expect? You look the same place every day, the world's not gonna change just 'cause you want it to, Namjoon-ie." Yoongi said, use to this conversation.

Namjoon did in fact know this, but some part of him still hoped something changed.
Even, the tiniest thing could make a difference.

The next morning Namjoon woke up to the blinding sunlight.

He walked past his window, and stopped when he noticed something.

He set towards the window immediately.

He saw a young boy in his garden of Smeraldo flowers.

Thinking he had gotten lost, Namjoon was about to send someone to help him get back home, when he was interrupted by another's voice.

"Jeon Jungkook, get back here this instant." The older male said to the younger boy.

"No, I want to pick some of the pretty flowers." Jungkook said, and began running.

"Ugh, we don't have time for this!" The older of the two yelled beginning to chase the younger.

"Sir, I have your outf-" Namjoon quickly shushed his servant, Jimin, and pointed to what he was looking at.

"Who are they?" Jimin whispered.

"I don't know..."

After a while the unknown two collapsed in the garden and began laughing at each other.

Namjoon couldn't help but notice the olders laugh.

It was different but...
"Beautiful..."

"What?" Jimin asked confused.

"Nothing." Namjoon quickly responded in embarrassment.

Soon after dusting off, the pair left the garden.

Namjoon got ready for the day, and by night he still couldn't stop thinking about him and
His smile.

☻︎{𝟻𝟸𝟼 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜}☻︎