"I love you too"

(Y/n) held tightly onto his suitcase as he tried to get to the exit which was on the other side of the airport. He took a long business trip across the world and he felt bad that he had to leave Emma. So, to make up for being away for a week, he decided to arrive a day earlier to surprise her.

(Y/n) eagerly got in the cab and told the driver his address. After a couple of minutes, they had came to their destination. He payed the cab driver and thanked him. (Y/n) took out his keys and tried to open the door. The door didn't unlock since it was already opened.

"Huh?" (Y/n) wondered but shrugged and just assumed Emma forgot to lock the door. He entered the house and locked the door. He left his bags by the living room, eager to see the love of his life.

"Emma!" (Y/n) shouted out as he walked up the stairs. As he got closer to their bedroom door he heard some muffled noises. (Y/n) opened the door and saw Emma on the bed, holding her book.

"(Y/n)!" Emma placed down her book and tackled him in a hug. (Y/n) grinned and hugged her back. They pulled away after a while and sat down on the bed.

"Why are you home so early?" Emma asked while she placed the covers on her.

"Uh- well I rather missed you and I wanted to surprise you" (Y/n) embarrassingly scratched his neck. Emma nodded not saying anything further. She grabbed her book, going back to reading once more.

(Y/n) felt intimidated by the silence so he awkwardly stood up to go shower. He opened his dresser and got all his clothes. (Y/n) passed by the open cabinet and decided to close it on the way.

Once (Y/n) was done cleaning himself up, he felt refreshed and decided to go to the kitchen to eat. He passed by the cabinet once more seeing it open. 'Weird' He thought to himself, before closing it.

"Hey, where are you going?" Emma asked, putting her book down.

"I was going to go make myself a sandwich for dinner, want one?" (Y/n) asked. Emma shook her head.

"No no, you've came from a long flight. I'll go and make your sandwich. Just watch some tv up here and I'll bring it up" Emma smiled at (Y/n), giving him a peck on the lips before walking towards the door and exiting the room.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

It's been 20 minutes and Emma still hasn't come back from the kitchen. (Y/n) was staring to miss her presence so he went to go check up on her.

When (Y/n) left the room he heard muffled noises so he silently and slowly went down the stairs to check it out. He wasn't stupid, he watched enough murder crime episodes to not make any loud and sudden movements that could kill him or worse, Emma.

(Y/n) peaked through the wall and saw Emma was...kissing some guy. He didn't see the guy's face seeing as his back was turned on him.

(Y/n) immediately ran back to his room and covered himself with his blanket. It had always been a habit of (Y/n)'s. Whenever he felt scared or felt the need to cry, he hid under the covers. Emma never knew that about him because whenever she saw (Y/n) under the covers she just thought he was trying to shield himself from the cold.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

Emma immediately stopped kissing Colin when she heard a sudden noise coming from the stairs. "You should go back home before (Y/n) finds you here" Emma whispered. Colin nodded and bid her a goodbye.

Emma nervously walked up the stairs and opened the door to her bedroom. She saw that (Y/n) was under the covers facing away from her. "Is it the cold?" Emma gently sat down on her side of the bed.

(Y/n) cleared his throat, "Y- yeah, did you come back with my sandwich?" He said carefully wiping his tears so that Emma wouldn't know he was crying.

"Oh shoot! I forgot to make it, I was just so busy looking through recipes then I got distracted. You know what I'll go back down and make you one-"

"It's fine. I'm not hungry anymore" (Y/n) cut her off. Emma just shrugged and got under the covers after turning off the lights. She went to go cuddle with (Y/n) but he moved further away.

"Actually Emma I'm really tired so I don't feel like cuddling right now." (Y/n) softly spoke. Emma pulled her arms back towards her in confusion.

"What- But you're never too tired to cuddle with me" Emma pouted.

(Y/n) nodded hesitantly and moved closer to her. He opened his arms and Emma immediately hugged him, (Y/n) gently put his arms around her as well. He didn't feel the same cuddles full of love anymore. To him it was now just an empty gesture that used to mean something to him.

"I love you" Emma whispered before drifting off to sleep.

'Sure you do' (Y/n) said in his head but another thing came out of his mouth. "I love you too"

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

(How was my first- wait or my second? anyways how was this angst chapter?)