Blind Date (2)

(Hey I'm back! Thank you all for being patient. Here's the new chapter. Enjoy 😊)

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

It was a Sunday and Emma didn't have any plans. She was scrolling through her phone when she suddenly thought of (Y/n). Emma had a date with (Y/n) in a few hours, she mentally slapped herself for forgetting. Emma decided to get ready despite it still being in 3 hours.

(Y/n) on the other hand, was still in a meeting. Since he was a businessman he was busy most of the time, it was actually a surprise to Dan whenever he was able to make plans with him.

People conversed and a tapping of (Y/n)'s pen was heard in the meeting. (Y/n) just wanted to get through the meeting so he could meet Emma, but he was needed for the it so he had to stay there. It had been about 2 hours of listening to their difficulties and luckily (Y/n) was the best of this sort of thing.

He had managed to solve all of their problems in 30 mins. Since they didn't have anything more to discuss, (Y/n) ended the meeting, which gave him 30 more minutes to arrive at Emma's house.

(Y/n) had been driving for a while now and after a few minutes he would be in front of Emma's apartment. As soon as he had parked his car, he got out and lightly knocked on Emma's door.

A dressed Emma opened it, smiling. "You look formal" Emma told him, referring to the suit he wore to his meeting. (Y/n) nodded, "I had a rather boring business meeting. I was afraid I was not going to make it, but here I am." (Y/n) said smiling, doing jazz hands. Emma laughed and picked up her bag turning off all the lights and walking out the door with (Y/n).

After they were both in the car, (Y/n) and Emma talked. "So where are we going?" Emma asked curiously. (Y/n) replied simply with a "It's a surprise." "I'm not fond of surprises," Emma mumbled but since (Y/n) was right beside Emma, he heard her. "Trust me you'll like this one" (Y/n) said smiling while Emma smiled back and nodded, choosing not to ask further questions to keep it a surprise.

They arrived at their destination, it was a tall building. Once (Y/n) helped her out of the car, he opened the and pulled out a basket. (Y/n) led her to the elevator and made it go to the furthest floor. There was a door when the elevator opened.

Emma looked at (Y/n) with a questioning look, "It's the door that leads to the rooftop" (Y/n) told her. Emma wondered why he brought her there but nonetheless followed him to the rooftop.

She and (Y/n) both made it to the rooftop. Emma was surprised to see a lot of golden bright lights, two chairs and a table which had a candle, plates and utensils on top of it for each of them. The only thing missing was the food which Emma assumed was in the basket.

Emma looked at (Y/n) in awe, "Like it?" he asked. "Are you kidding? I love it! How did you know that I've always wanted dinner on the rooftop?" Emma asked him, grinning. "I just guessed," (Y/n) said, smiling. Emma looked at him with one eyebrow raised. "Did you ask-" (Y/n) cut her off, "Yes I asked Dan to ask Bonnie," (Y/n) said scratching his neck nervously. Emma chuckled, "You didn't have to, you know?" she told him. "I wanted to, it's our second date and I wanted to make up for being late last time" (Y/n) said smiling. Emma reciprocated the smile and thanked him, (Y/n) pulled out Emma's chair for her to sit.

Before sitting, (Y/n) lit the candle and took out all the items in the basket. There was a whole bunch of Mexican food enough for the two of them to eat and for dessert there was churros and chocolate for the sauce. Emma stared in awe at all of the food he had brought.

(Y/n) sat down and looked at Emma which was still too busy looking at all the delicious food making (Y/n) chuckle. "I suggest eating before it gets cold," (Y/n) said smiling. Emma closed her mouth and started to place some food on her plate. (Y/n) waited for her to eat so he could see her reaction to his cooking, but Emma was occupied with the food to realise he hadn't started eating yet.