Part-29

Jungkook's pov

Walking up the path toward my foster parents' front door, I blinked my watery eyes. God, I felt like shit. I'd woken with a bitch of a hangover from my bottoms' night in. Even though I'd taken pain relief pills three times during the day, my head hadn't stopped throbbing until an hour or so ago.

Jimin had thrown the get-together at his house last night and invited both Jin and eomma. Appa had insisted on coming, saying he felt "left out." As I'd anticipated a simple evening of drinking wine, watching movies, and having fun, I'd said he was welcome to stay.

If I'd known it was a lingerie party, I'd have urged him to stay home. Jimin, the minx, didn't warn him or anyone else. He'd gotten the surprise of his life when a man and woman entered the house with a rack of sexy lingerie. He'd left so fast I was surprised his shoes didn't leave skid marks on the floor.Taehyung had picked me up afterward, refusing to let me get a taxi home. Then he'd fucked me silly in bed. All in all, it had been a good night.

Eomma had texted me earlier, asking me to pop in on my way home from work. She hadn't said why, but she had assured me that nothing was wrong. Hoping that was true, I used my key to open the door and called out for her.

Moments later, she walked into the hallway and beamed at me. "Hi, sweetheart." Her brow creased. "Tae isn't with you?"

"He's at a meeting, but it'll finish soon. Sam's gone to collect him. He'll bring Taehyung straight here."

Jun came rushing out of the living area with a playful battle cry and hugged my leg. "Did you bring your new cat?"

Smiling, I ruffled his hair. "Can't. She'd probably claw Ranger. My girl has attitude in spades."

He pouted and released my leg. "I want to see her."

"I'll bring her to visit one day. Promise."

"How is Blue?" Eomma asked as we strolled into the living area.

"Oh, fine," I replied. "She's all about Taehyung-sshi, though."

Her mouth quirked. "I noticed that when we visited you Monday evening. He doesn't seem to know what to do with all that feline affection."

"He grumbles about her, but he likes her. I can tell." I'd worked from home Monday and Tuesday so that Blue wouldn't be alone in the house. But she was never completely alone anyway. The cleaning crew came daily, and the women fussed over her.

Blue never sought company, though. Unless it was Taehyung. She adored him and constantly rubbed herself all over him. She had purred for me, though. A little. Once.

Appa looked up from the armchair. "Hey, honey. Damn, you look rough."

I gave him a dirty look. "And you no longer look crimson at the sight of all the lingerie," I whispered, conscious of Jun, despite him wearing headphones while playing on his tablet on the sofa.

Appa glowered. "Jimin could have warned me."

Eomma snickered and raised her brows at me. "Coffee? Tea?"

I flapped my hand. "I'm good, thanks."

Eomma gestured for me to follow her through the arch that led to the dining area and urged me to sit at the table. She crossed to her computer desk and rifled through one of the drawers. She pulled out a small, white box and then turned to me. "So, I called you here because ... I was going to give you this on Monday evening, but I thought it would be better if we were alone."

Intrigued, I sat up straighter. "Okay."

She took the seat beside me at the table. "I know you have your old, new, borrowed, and blue covered, but ... well, I was hoping you'd maybe still clip this to your bouquet for the reception, or maybe clip it to your dress"