Part-15

Jungkook's pov

Slotting a book back into its place on the sturdy bookshelf the next day, I did a long stretch. I'd been holed up in the library for hours, unwinding in my favorite way ever. I'd mentally jotted down several of the books here that I intended to read before my inevitable divorce. I was
determined to get through them all. I'd miss this little haven when I left I honestly didn't get why Taehyung never made any use of the space. What a weirdo.

Said weirdo was currently in his home office. Big surprise there. He'd earlier popped his head through the door to inform me that he was back from his dinner meeting with colleagues, but he'd disappeared before I could say anything more than "hi."

I'd almost laughed when Eomma once commented on how "social" Taehyung was. Social my ass.

Grabbing another book I'd mentally marked as to-be-read, I crossed to what had become my favorite plush chair within the library. I was just about to sit when Taehyung strolled inside, his eyes hard, his mouth tight.

I lifted my brows. "Something wrong?"

He halted a few feet away and casually slipped his hands into his pockets, but he looked far from at ease. "I just received an email from Hi-ah."

Uh-oh. I should have figured she'd send him another. Or maybe she'd just re-sent the first. "Hiah?" I echoed. "What did she want?"

"Firstly, to apologize for that scene she caused at the barbecue. She claims to be ashamed of her behavior and is mortified that she let her family down so badly. She went on to tell me how it saddens her that you two have never been close, and that she regrets never forming a friendly bond with you."

She'd typed all that in the other email

"She also apparently feels the need to warn me that you've never gotten over Haneul, and she worries that you might just be using me to get his attention, now that he's divorcing his wife. She's quite sure you'd leave me for him if he gave you the slightest indication that he'd be willing to give things with you another try, and apparently her conscience wouldn't let her keep quiet about it."

Yep, she'd said that lump of shit in the original email, too, so it was looking like she had indeed simply re-sent it. The woman didn't know when to stop, did she? "I can see you're pissed, but just ignore her. I'll deal with it, Taehyung."

He slowly stalked toward me. "Will you? Funny. Because she prefaced the email with how she was sorry to bother me 'again,' but she worried her first email went astray."
Hell.

"I checked my email account, but there was nothing else from Hiah-not even among the spam or the deleted emails. Which means either there was no other email, or you erased it so thoroughly you even wiped it from the deleted folder. The look on your face is making me lean
toward the latter theory."

I shrugged. "Getting rid of your shit-mail is part of my job."

Impatience flickered across his face. "This is something I would have wanted to know about, which you're well aware of. But you deleted it without telling me about it. Why?"

"You can't guess?"

His nostrils flared. "She's not getting away with this."

My stomach sank. "Taehyung-"

"No, I made it clear to you that if she made another move, I wouldn't let it go. It's not just about the emails, Jungkook. Papa hinted that she'd made life hard for you when you were a child. A traumatized child. She should have been dealt with a long time ago."

"She was handled. eomma and appa put a stop to it."

"A stop to what exactly?" I pressed my lips tight together. It wasn't just that I didn't want to talk about it, it was that I knew hearing the details would only piss him off more. "She's going to pay, Jungkook."