Part-6

Jungkook's pov

Having written my to-do list for the following day on a virtual sticky note, I switched off my computer, gathered my things, and slipped on my coat. Taehyung was out of the office, so I didn't need to pop in and say goodbye. I just headed straight for the elevator.

Most of the employees had already left the building, so I didn't pass many people. Since my "serious relationship" with Taehyung became public a week ago, some of my co-workers had changed a little toward me. Talk would sometimes stop when I entered the break room. Smiles were occasionally too false. I'd hear people whispering nearby, but they'd shut up if I turned to look at them.

Two person in particular were getting on my last nerve but I kind of felt betrayed. These were people I'd once chatted with regularly and had drinks with at Christmas office parties. Now, they treated me like I was a pariah. I figured it was jealousy, since both had tried and failed to seduce Taehyung years ago.

That Taehyung made an effort to have lunch with me most days- usually in the privacy of his office-seemed to have exacerbated the issue. I was sure others thought we were getting up to some raunchy stuff in there while on our break. I was also sure that Taehyung was hoping they would assume that.

Uninterested in lowering myself to the level of the other men/women, I'd so far ignored it. I also hadn't told Taehyung about it. Nor had I mentioned that some of the other employees were acting off with me. I was no tattler, and I could deal with my own problems just fine. It would all blow over eventually if I paid it no mind.

Most of Kim-Verse were amazingly supportive of our "relationship." Jimin had dissected each of Taehyung's expressions, swearing he was "crazy" about me. I'd just smiled and said I hoped it was true

I was walking through Kim-Verse's private parking garage, when my phone beeped. I pulled my cell. Looking at the screen, I saw that I had two messages. The most recent was from eomma, informing me that she and appa would be having a barbeque on Sunday and that papa, Taehyung and I were invited. The other message had been sent an hour ago, but I hadn't heard my phone beep.

It was from Moon: Hey honey. Haven't heard from you in a week, just wanted to check on you. Sungho's missing you xx

Moon and Hye often informed me of how my father was doing, since papa(Sung-ho) wasn't the type to share how he was feeling. It was never good for his emotions to build up.

I slid into the driver's seat and then called papa. After a few rings, he answered, "Hey, my sweet boy. How are you?"

I smiled, my heart squeezing. "Good, you?"

"Fine, fine. How's everything going?"

"Great. Really great." I bit my lip, hesitant to continue but knowing I'd have to. "I, um ... There's someone I'd like to introduce to you."

"Oh? Who?"

"My boss, Kim Taehyung. He and I have sort of been seeing each other."

"Well, good," he said, sounding genuinely excited. "It's about time you started dating again. I hate thinking of you up there in your apartment all alone." I knew he did, just as I knew a large part of him would want this for me. But another part of him ... I silently sighed.

"When do I get to meet him?" papa asked.

"How about Sunday? eomma and appa are throwing a barbeque at their house. They want me to invite you and Taehyung."

"Sounds good to me," he said, and I heard the smile in his voice. "What time?"

"Around noon-ish."

"I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing you."