Part-12

Jungkook's pov

I sank my head deeper into the pillow, so damn snug that I didn't want to open my eyes.

I didn't usually sleep well in a strange place-I found it difficult to settle. But I'd slept like a log last night. My new bed wasn't just pretty, it was comfy as hell. And the pillows ... God, the pillows were divine. Not too flat, not too soft, not too plump, just perfect.

I wondered if Taehyung would let me take the bed with me after the divorce. It wasn't like he'd have any use for it. Yawning, I forced my eyes open. I'd lowered the electronic shades, so the room was still dark. Fuck, I had electronic shades. And a walk-in closet. And antique furniture.
Not one thing in my life had prepared me for the eventuality that I'd be living with Kim Taehyung-especially as his temporary 'wife' as he like to address.

When my cell phone alarm finally went off, I hit the "snooze" option. Purely because I didn't want to leave the bed. But, intent on not being late for work, I jumped up when the alarm went off a second time. Well, I didn't quite "jump" up. It was more like I reluctantly edged out of bed with a petty moan.

In the gleaming private bathroom, I did my business and then made use of the walk-in-shower with its head-to-toe power jets. I also made a mental note to soak in the huge, claw-footed bathtub at some point

Once I was ready, I headed to downstairs. The place was so eerily quiet I might have shivered. I expected to find Taehyung in the kitchen or dining room, but he was nowhere to be seen. The coffee machine had been recently used, though, so he was obviously awake. He'd probably already had breakfast. While eating my toast and chugging down my morning intake of caffeine, I sifted through some of the emails that he and I had received overnight, just as I always did each morning-it helped me get a head-start on my workday.

Coming across a particular email, I froze. No. Freaking. Way. This had to be a fucking joke.

I'd known Hiah would do something stupid out of sheer vindictiveness. I just hadn't thought she'd send Taehyung an email in which she tried convincing him that he'd made a mistake in marrying me. Basically, she'd pulled Daehyun. She'd given a friendly warning to Taehyung that I wasn't someone he should be with, claiming "my conscience just wouldn't let me stay quiet." Like the woman even had a conscience.

Damn Hiah. Another person might have thought, "Oh, Taehyung and Jungkook are married now; it's too late to split them up." But Hiah didn't believe in the sanctity of marriage. She separated couples all the time. And she was good at it.

Either she had no idea that I screened Taehyung's emails, or she wanted me to be the one to first read it. Whatever the case, I was pissed.

I blew out a breath. I'd have to delete the email. If Taehyung read it, if he knew she'd made yet another shitty move, he'd retaliate for sure. I couldn't have that. It would lead to a clusterfuck. Wanting to keep Hiah's email as evidence in case I needed it, I forwarded it to my own inbox and archived it. Only then did I delete it from Taehyung's account.

By the time I'd scoffed down my breakfast, he was striding into the kitchen. He looked the epitome of well-groomed with his clean-shaven jaw, white shirt, charcoal tailored suit, black tie, and gleaming back shoes. That easily, heat coursed through my blood. For the billionth time, I
found myself wishing I could feel him moving inside me just once. Because I was that stupid.

His dark eyes locked with mine, and he frowned. "You look tired again."

I wasn't so much tired as weary. Weary of Hiah's antics, to be precise. "Good morning to you, too. Is Sam outside?"

"Not yet. We're not going to work until this afternoon."

"What? Why?"

"My personal shopper is coming to see you."