Chapter 6: The New Plan

Start from the beginning

Imperia: What's up, Nicky? You seem...off today.

Jaune: Yeah, she's been like that since she left with Ozpin the other day.

Nix: It's nothing, just...

Everyone looked concerned as she drifted off in the middle of her sentence. She just shook her head and walked over to her seat, the rest of her team following her. The rest of the class enters after them and they decide to save the conversation for another time and go to their seats. The teacher, Glynda Goodwitch, came to the front of the class.

Glynda: Good morning, students. Before we start today, we have a assistant joining us. Treat Mr. Light like you would me.

???: Actually, I'd prefer if you didn't.

In walks none other than Gryphon himself. There were many whispers about various things. His expression fluctuated slightly as he locked eyes with the members of RWBY but he directed his eyes to the rest of the class as normal.

Gryphon: You can feel free to pretend I'm not here.

One of the students, Emerald Sustrai, raised her hand.

Glynda: Yes, Ms. Sustrai?

Emerald: Is Mr. Light a Professional Huntsman?

Glynda: Yes he is. Now, let's begin with a spar. Any volunteers?

Gryphon took a seat on a chair near the teacher's desk. The whole class seemed unenthusiastic to the proposed spar until one student raised his hand.

Mercury: I'll go. Can I choose my opponent?

Glynda: If they're willing.

Mercury: Alright, then I chose her.

Gryphon traced his hand to Imperia Byzantium, who seemed shocked.

Glynda: Do you accept, Ms. Byzantium?

Imperia: I...fuck it, why not?

Glynda: Harsh language aside, Imperia has accepted. Go gather your weapons.

Gryphon watched as the two left the classroom. He noticed that most of the children in the room were at least 18 years old, while the leader of RWBY was no older than 17 if even that.

Mercury and Imperia returned at the same time with Imperia smirking satisfactorily and Mercury looking extremely upset. Imperia's weapons consisted of a pair of gauntlets and greaves with a large shield on her back.