Chapter 13

After the disagreement between Paul and Jake, Paul took Brie to the other side of the beach to get away from everyone

After the disagreement between Paul and Jake, Paul took Brie to the other side of the beach to get away from everyone. To spend sometime with just the two of them. Most of the time they are together they are with the pact. So time alone was needed.

Paul sat on the sand before pulling Brie down next to him. He put his arm over her as they watched the tide come in. "You think he's ever going to get over this?"

Paul shrugs his shoulders "I really don't know but the way he's going he's going to end up getting exiled from the pack"

Brie looked at him "Sam could really do that?"

"Its his pack. He can do what he wants with it. If Jacob tries to break any of the rules that were made for the safety of other it would affect the whole entire pack and Sam would never let that happen"

"I overheard them talking about Jacob turning down the role of Alpha is that true?"

Paul nodded his head "He's the grandson of a chief he was first in line. He turned it down so it got passed down to Sam. Like it will get passed down to me when Sam dies. I'm second in command. Well was until Jacob joined the pack"

"So it got passed onto Jacob before he even turned?" Brie questioned as she heard Paul say until Jacob joined the pack.

"He was destined for Alpha before he shifted. He was offered it when he shifted but didn't want it" Paul explained.

"Bet your glad Jacob refused it then. Who knows what would be happening if Jacob was Alpha he probably would of gotten the pack to hunt down the Cullen's until they were all dead"

"Yeah Jacob would of definitely broke the treaty just for his own selfish reasons and not for others"

"Some friend Jake has been" Brie shakes her head "I don't know how much more shit I can go through with him until I am officially done" Brie sighs "Hate to say it but I'm ready to wash my hands with him. He's never going to accept Bella's choice"

Paul pulls her closer "Stop worrying about Jacob. He's been a shit friend to you, not the other way about. No one would blame you if you were to wipe your hands with him. At this stage if he wasn't in the pack I would of done the same" 

"Yeah I guess so. Just a shame though" she says playing with her hands.

Paul takes her hands into his and presses his lips against them "His loss is my gain"

She smiles at how cute he was being "I don't care who leaves my life as long as I keep you in mines"

"Always" He promises as he peaks her lips.

After the beach, Brie headed back home to get some shut eye. She was getting ready to head to her bed until she got a phone call. Caller id showed up as Bella. She quickly answered it, before she could say hello a voice speak up "Brie?" It wasn't Bella's voice.

Brie sits up on the bed "Edward?" She asked as she could hear the panic in his voice.

"I have something to say but I don't know how your going to take it"

"What? Whats happened? Where's Bella? Is she okay?" Now there was panic in Brie's voice.

"She is fine. She is with me. But we have some news?" Well get on with it then. "Bella's pregnant"

Brie felt the phone fall out her hand. What the hell! How can she be pregnant. Brie just stared into space, she could hear Edward repeatedly calling out her name. Brie comes back to it and picks it up "Yeah I'm still here" she breathes out "How can Bella be pregnant. Vampires cannot conceive. How it this possible"

"We don't know. We spoke to Carlisle we've to cut the honeymoon short and come back. The sooner Bella is home the sooner we find out what this is"

"What this is? Its a baby isn't in?" Surely thats the only thing that can grow inside a human being "You saying she is growing a monster in her belly?"

"We don't know. Once we are home Carlisle will do a few tests to see what it is. We thought we should tell you, we didn't want you worrying"

"Didn't want me worrying. What do you think I am doing right now!" Brie exclaimed, what a cheek she thought.

"Bella wanted to tell you. I didn't think it was a good idea until we know for sure" Edward explained.

Brie rubbed her forehead "So why isn't she telling me herself? Why did you call me?"

Edward looked at Bella "She's in shock right now and she didn't want you to be mad"

"Well I am mad that she thought she couldn't tell me herself and instead she got you to phone. Put her on" Brie demanded.

She could hear the phone being passed over "Brie" now Bella was on the line.

"Bella are you okay?" Brie pressed.

"Yeah I am fine. Just in shock. We don't know how this has even happened"

"Don't think anyone is gonna know how. Have you spoke to Charlie"

"No, and please don't say anything. I will tell him in time. Please just don't say anything..to anyone" Bella begged.

"Don't you think your dad has a right to know?"

"He does. But not right now. If he asks then tell him I am sick and won't be able to travel until I am better"

Brie hated that Bella was putting her in the position to lie "Bella I don't feel comfortable lying for you. If your going to lie then you need to do it yourself. If he asks me I haven't spoken to you. Im leaving you's to have time to yourself and that I will speak to you when you get back" that was her excuse.

"What are you thinking, Bella? Seriously"

Bella huffs out "I know this seems like a scary thing, but it's not. It's like this miracle or something. I can feel him"

Brie raises an eyebrow "So, it's a bouncing baby boy" how would she know shes just found out.

"It's just a guess. When I picture him, I see a boy. We'll see"

"What if you don't? What if this baby or thing kills you?" Brie says listing the unknown.

"Theres a lot of what ifs Brie but everything is going to be okay"

"Lets hope so" Brie sighs, she didn't know what to think or feel right now "If this is what you want then I will stick by you" Brie promised.

"Thanks Brie"

"Just let me know when you get back. I will want to come see you" Brie says which Bella promise she would. Brie puts her phone on the bedside table and throws herself onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling. What the hell is going to happen next? She thought. Why are things never easy. She spent most of the night replaying the phone call in her head. She couldn't sleep, she was too busy worrying about Bella and how this baby would affect her. Could she love something that ends up killing her cousin. Is this baby going to be a threat to everyone? Especially the wolf pact. Oh fuck, what are they going to think?