Chapter Eight

Depuis le début

I watched his carefully, but his eyes drifted as they usually did, getting lost in his own thoughts that only he could read into, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't figure him out.

"Still distracted?" I asked, taking his attention back, that I craved more than I was willing to admit.

"Apparently so," he smirked, sending a delicious shiver down my spine. Damn it.

"That's okay, I'm sure whatever it is, you'll figure it out soon," I said with a reassuring smile, not able to resist touching him as I let my hand land on his shoulder, with a comforting squeeze.

I felt my body relax at the contact, only wishing it could be skin on skin contact, but taking what I could get as I smiled.

*

-Kaden's POV-

*The next day at school*

"Finally, it's Friday! I feel like this week has gone on forever," Adrian sighed, falling into his seat beside me.

"Tell me about it," I mumbled, not really caring if he heard me or not.

Today dragged, seeming never-ending as I forced myself to pay attention in my classes, vowing I would only think about this newfound information over the weekend, where I would be alone and hopefully have more time.

I also decided I would share this with Adrian, after all, there was nobody I trusted more, and I knew it would help to do so, I think a friend might be what I need right now.

I had a busy weekend ahead of me, and I couldn't help but wonder if I would ever be able to catch a break.

This lesson went slow, just like the rest of them, but I forced my pen to move against the paper, taking notes throughout the lesson, and trying not to either drift off into my own world, or become distracted by Adrian, both of which were easier said than done.

My friend was definitely the excitable kind, as Zach described him, yet I know he didn't mean to be as distracting as he was, that's just who Adrian was as a person, and most people loved him because of it.

"You coming?" I looked up to see Adrian watching me in amusement, but I merely nodded my head and rose from my seat, taking my belongings with me.

We met up with Cameron on our way to what was thankfully our last class of the day, however, a noise of distress caught our attention as we walked.

I wasn't the only one now staring at the locker room doors to the right of us, and after a hefty bang hit my ears, I raced into the locker room with Adrian and Cameron on my tail.

There in front of us stood the same hooligans that Cameron had fought all that time ago, which also happened to take place in these same locker rooms, they must hang out in here a lot, I noted.

Except this time, instead of praying on someone else, they seemed to have turned on each other.

"How many times do I have to remind you that fighting on school premises is against the rules?" I seethed, trying not to roll my eyes at their idiocy, I refuse for the secret of our world to be outed by these idiots, just because they couldn't control their temper.

They froze at my voice, lowering their eyes in shame as their heads bowed.

I walked towards them slowly, trying to address the situation in front of me.

"What is the problem here?" I asked.

One of the guys opened his mouth to answer my question, but before he could his friend shot him a glare, having him close his mouth and silence hung in the air.