''I bring news.'' My mom grabs the thermos of hot tea and pours three cups for all of us, handing one to each of us. Her peach tea is the best to be honest.

'' Oh please, do tell us.'' My mom exhales looking up at the ceiling asking for an invisible help.

Louis makes me so nervous when he does things without talking to me first. He tends to be really cryptic, his mind works in a weird way. We know each other since we were little toddlers, running around in our diapers. Our moms were best friends before us and we have basically been through every kind of mess. Yet, I feel like I don't know him that much. There's always that part he keeps away from everyone.

'' I've got you a job. I asked my supervisor if she could find something for you and used all my good charm to convince her that was a matter of vital importance. It's not much and not the most elegant of the jobs, but I know you're not picky and you want to go to UNI, right? So I said yes for you.'' My jaw drops as I process his words and for just a moment, everything slows down. My stomach explodes and I jump going directly to hug Louis.

'' Oh God honey, that's so kind.'' My mother's voice sounds like she's on the verge of tears but I'm too caught up squeezing my friend till the point he will suffocate, to comfort my mom.

'' I can't believe you did it.'' I state and Louis tenderly locks his arms around my body, padding on my back as a little laugh escapes his lips. I feel his chest vibrate against my own making me smile even more widely.

'' Oh, you didn't even let me finish!''

'' Oh sorry, go on please.'' Louis pretends to fix his clothes just to make me even more anxious and I snort.

'' The salary is pretty good, they are rich people and when I told her you were a smart girl with the passion for books who got admitted to the Newcastle University and Oxford, she accepted right away. You need to work hard though, because they are really demanding and I know cleaning has never been your dream, whatsoever we're making little sacrifices to get to the big prize, so I guess it'll be fine.''

I don't care about what kind of job Louis found me, I'm just happy I don't have to retire my applications.

'' My supervisor begged me to tell you that this is a real job, she also said they will require availability and you need to be flexible but I'm sure you're gonna be fine. You're a hard worker, I know you can find a balance between work and pleasure perfectly.''

'' Pleasure? I won't have time for it!'' I joke and Louis bumps into me with his shoulder.

'' I'm referring to UNI, I'm sure you will find it as funny as I love playing with my X-box.'' Louis bursts into a really loud laugh and my mom joins him. I share for a moment at her worried expression but then I simply wink and she raises her thumbs up for me.

'' Your priorities are fucked up Louis.'' Louis' eyes widen as he checks his phone pretending he hasn't heard me.

'' Hey, it's not my fault if I spent my time training my driving skills instead of bury myself alive in a library.''

'' Your driving skills? But if you used to skip school just to hide in the rec room and play games till your mother begged me to come and bring you home." Louis becomes slightly red and dismisses me. He got mocked about it for days because a lot of people from our school were there. I still remember him disappearing in the bathrooms to avoid everyone.

We didn't have much to worry about at that time and that accident looked like a real tragedy. It's so weird that when you look back at your past life, what seemed a complete disaster then, it is in reality just nothing compared to the real problems you have to face when you become an adult.