ᴅᴏɢ ʟᴏʏᴀʟᴛʏ

"Malia, have you made a decision?" Carlisle asked as Edward eyed me trying to pick apart my manic thoughts

"I can't leave Sam, call it dog loyalty or whatever but, I have to stay here." I said and he just looked surprised.

"We understand, just call me if you need anything alright? We don't want you to feel like we've abandoned you." Esme said and I nodded.

"I should probably stay at Sam's then, I really don't want to be here without anyone."

"You have your credit card, I know you cannot drive yet, but if you learn while we are away, feel free to use the cars." Carlisle said and I nodded, as I just kept my eyes on the ground, not wanting to face any of them.

As I heard them slowly start to walk away, I finally picked my gaze up and saw only Rosalie still standing in the room.

She just gave me a reassuring smile, which I hadn't returned.

"If you need me, you call. I don't care if it's for something stupid, I will be here in a heartbeat." She said and I just eyed her suspiciously, I could never tell if she cared or not.

We both could never read each other, but we both cared just as much.

"Thank you." I said and she just looked at me confused.

"For being you." I said before getting up and walking outside, this time another followed.

"I guess this is goodbye then, huh?" I said leaning on the railing as I faced Edward.

"It doesn't have to be, you could always visit." He said and I shook my head.

"I can't know where you are, and not tell her."

"I know."

"So, this really is goodbye." I said and he nodded, as he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you Malia, thank you for being the sister I always wanted." Edward said holding onto me, as I fought back tears that wanted to spill, I never let them.

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you in?" Mike asked and I shook my head.

"Thank you for driving me."

"Again, I'm sorry about the Cullen's I know you were close with them." He said and I just gave him a straight smile.

"I'll see you in school." I said pecking his lips before getting out of the car.

I walked to Sam's door with a duffel bag on my arm, and a pillow in hand, as I knocked.

The door was swung open by Emily.

"The Cullen's are leaving town for a while, I didn't want to be in that big house alone."

"Of course, come in." Emily said grabbing my bag and pillow from me as she pulled me inside.