ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ

"Sue and Harry know the situation, they told Leah to play nice, now can you just come on

"Sue and Harry know the situation, they told Leah to play nice, now can you just come on." Emily said crossing her arms as Sam hesitantly got out of the car.

"I don't get why I had to come."

"Look if I'm being dragged to brunch with a bunch of strangers then so are you." I said and Sam just rolled his eyes.

"You two better behave." Emily warned before she knocked on the door.

The door was swung open by a older man who seemed to resemble Sam in a lot of ways.

"Ah, Sue the guests are here. Come on in, it's good to see you Sam." He said shaking Sam's hand, as he gave an awkward smile.

I've never seen Sam so squeamish, it was funny.

"This is Malia, she's our new edition to the family." Sam said not wanting to use the word pack in front of Leah or Seth.

"You and Sam taking in strays now?" Leah asked bitterly as she walked into the living room we were standing in.

"Leah." Her father warned in a stern voice.

"I'm Malia." I said taking a step forward to greet the girl.

As much as Malia thought she related to Bella Swan, she would learn she was a lot more like Leah.

"I heard what Sam did, told him I thought it was crappy of him." I said honestly and the girl just smiled a bit.

No one had ever taken her side, and she for the life of her couldn't find out why, and now this random girl, who had known nothing about her was.

"Thanks, I'm Leah." She said extending her arm which I gratefully took.

"Hey, I'm starving..woah-" A younger boy said as he stopped in the room, his eyes wide as he stared at the pretty stranger.

"Seth, this is Malia. Sam and Emily are co-fostering her with a family in Forks." Harry said and Seth who was just stuck gushing at the beautiful girl.

"I'm Harry, my wife Sue is in the kitchen. It truly is my pleasure to meet you." He said and I just smiled at him.

"Sam, can we talk outside?" Harry asked and he nodded as Emily went to find her aunt in the kitchen.

"They found you in the woods right? I think I read about you in the paper." Leah asked and I nodded.

"Carlisle found me, his family took me in, and I say in Forks and go to school, and come here on some weekends." I said and the girl nodded intrigued.

"I get it, being the talk of the town. When Sam and I broke up, it was like I couldn't escape it, and then when he started going out with my cousin, it was like I was drowning in it, now I just feel like I'm floating along."

"That's exactly how I feel, I just have trouble putting my feelings into words. The wolves who raised me didn't teach me social cues." I said and Leah just laughed taking it as a joke.

"Does he talk?" I asked looking over at the shy boy who just stared.

"Seth, stop being a perv and go help mom with lunch." Leah demanded and the boy just smiled at me before he jogged off.

"This is awkward isn't it?"

"You have no idea."

"Let's leave."

"Huh? Really?" She asked and I nodded.

"Emily only brought me here to meet new people, I met you, so let's bounce." I said and the tan girl smirked.

"I would ground you if I could." Sam said as we walked into his house after Leah and I showed up to her house two hours after lunch ended.

"I thought I was helping. Leah didn't want to be there with you, and she and I hung out together, which was the whole point of going there." I said crossing my arms.

"She's right, Sam."

"Yeah, but-"

"I like her." I said and he just turned around surprised.

"You what?"

"I think we are friends." I said and Emily just smiled, that was what she has hoped for.

"Why does everyone look at me like that when I say that?" I asked taking a seat at his kitchen table.

"I've never heard you say you liked someone before." He said and I shrugged.

"Well-"

"Besides, Emily."

"Oh, I like you Sam. You are like the dad I never wanted." I said and the usually tough man managed to crack a smile.

"So, when do I get to meet that boyfriend you told Emily about?" He asked leaning against the counter with his arms crossed.

"You told him?" I asked shocked looking at Emily.

"He made me." She said holding her hands up innocently.

"I don't need you scaring him away."

"I'm not even scary." He argued and I just eyed him.

"You walk around in nothing but jean shorts, in the winter, your arms are like the size of his head."

"I'll wear a shirt." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"And you'll smile?" I asked and he just faked a straight lip smile.

"I'll be on my best behavior, I swear." He said and I just let out a short laugh and shook my head.

"I just don't want to mess this up, Edward thinks he's good for me."

"There's plenty of guys out there, don't feel like you have to settle for good enough." Emily said and I shrugged.

"What if no one better then good enough wants someone like me?"