chapter thirteen

(y/n)'s pov

before i knew it, i was called to the hospital. i never speeded so fast to get somewhere before. my hearts racing, the though of losing my best friend, and not even knowing how his conditions are looking like. 

i could barely hear my surrounding when i got to the hospital, every voice was blocked out, and my vision was blurry. today was going so good, i dont know what happened.

many questions were running through my head like how did this happen? how long has he been under for? when did they get to him? is he going to die?

suddenly, a faint voice was heard from near me, but it was extremely muffled. they spoke a bunch of times, before i felt a hand on my shoulder. i gasp loudly, and look up. 

"what? im a- im so sorry." i spoke, not exactly knowing the right words to say.

"oh no, its okay. are you (y/n) (l/n)?" they ask and my eyes almost instantly focused on them, and i was ready to listen to what they have to say.

"uh, yes ma'am that's-that's me." i reply back quickly, "how is he?'

"unfortunately, im not allowed to give you information since you are not his family, but we have contacted his family and they are trying to come as fast they can." the doctor replies, my face falls instantly into my hands. 

i was so worried about all of this, the thought of how we are going to pay for this didnt even cross my mind once.

"(y/n)?" a familiar voice calls out, but not one i wanted to hear. i stand up and take a look, she had her dirty little side kick with her too.

"are you serious? you cant be serious showing up here after all you've put jay through!" i shout at her, she grips onto her side kicks arm. i force a chuckle. "you guys are nuts for coming here."

"we wanted to make sure you guys were okay." the male replies, stepping in.

"really cole? really?! because if you wanted to make sure we were okay, you would have left us alone." i cross my arms, standing there in front of them. "so no, nya and cole." i pause for a moment, "you dont get to make sure were okay, and you certainly dont get to know if jay's okay, you both were the ones who decided it would be a great idea to be fuck buddies. im done okay, just go." i instantly walk away, into the bathroom.

i feel like a teenage girl that doesnt have any friends, so i just decided to sit in a bathroom stall on the floor. i put my hands on my head and take a moment to inhale and exhale.

i hear footsteps walk into the bathroom and go up to my stall door, "you know," the male pauses for a moment, "i know im not supposed to be in a girls bathroom but.."

i quickly stand up and open the stall door and give the male a giant hug, "oh my god, kai!" i felt some sort of relief knowing there was someone here that's my friend, even if he's siblings with my worst enemy.

"hey, how are you doing though? for real." kais asks, forcing me to look up into his eyes. my eyes begin to fill with tears.

"they wont tell me how he is." i begin to cry and he holds me tighter.

"hey, dont cry. you're too pretty cry." he says, whipping my tears which makes me smile. "come on, do what you need to do, ill meet you outside, okay?" he lets me go and i nod.

he walks out of the bathroom, leaving me there. i walk myself up to the sink, i take a look at myself in the mirror and sigh before turning the water on.

i finish up in the bathroom and walk out and see that jay's parents have arrived which means news will be told. i instantly walk up to kai and stood close to him and lloyd.

i see ed holding onto edna as she cries, it hurt so bad to see them hurt. to see edna break, ive never had to see that.

i see jay's doctor walk up to ed and edna, i was close enough that i could slightly hear their conversation, but not too much.

"we have news, i think you're going to want to sit down for this.."