House of Whispers

Start from the beginning

Eddie and I chuckle.

After leaving the classroom we go sit in the lounge room and look at the footage.

Charlie" It could be fun"

Eddie" Looking through thousands of house footage, yeah brilliant"

Nicholas's POV

We all look up as my twin and Fabian rush into the room and they look worried. Nina is holding what I presume to be the cup of Ankh.

Fabian"We have bad news,"

Patricia"Don't we always?"

Nina"Vera's onto us,"

Nicholas" "What do you mean?"

Fabian"We heard her talking to someone,"

Nicholas" This isn't good"

Nina"On the phone. We don't know who it was. But she's...definitely the enemy."

Amber "So she's evil, I knew it always knew it"

Alfie" You loved her"

Amber" Okay, so Charlie said it but she right and then they put Mara on trial for her article, we need to strike back"

Patricia" What do we do now?"

Nina "I don't know. But here's exactly what happened..."

So Fabian and my sister told us what had exactly happened in the attic, they had told us that it sounded like Vera was talking to someone suspicious and that she could possibly the enemy. She the mentioned that Jerome and Charlie were in the attic but they didn't know for what or why but they knew they were not working with Vera as both hid under the bed.

Nicholas" So do you think Vera is a double agent or something, liker working for Victor but also working for someone else.

Alfie" Ooo, wouldn't it be cool to be a secret agent, go on mission and things, no just me, Look, we're not exactly subtle, guys."

Nicholas" Man's got a point there"

Alfie"I smashed an amulet with a shoe in front of five people at a dinner party."

Patricia" "And who moved the dollhouse? Victor or Vera?"

Fabian"Well, look, we just have to be more careful."

Patricia "So, is there any good news?"

Fabian"Yeah, we have the amulet, and we can try the secret door. We'll go down tonight."

-Tunnels-

Nina's POV

My brother, Sibuna and I head down to the tunnels that night as to try out the amulet we now have back.

Amber"Look on the bright side, at least Victor didn't make you dust down here."

Alfie"This better work,"

Nina raises the amulet with the ibis and presses it against the lock. Unlike what happened with ours, the amulet glows yellow and the door opens up. After the six of us share smiles, we lean forward to look through it. It's not a room this time. A tunnel.

Fabian"It's another tunnel,"

Alfie"Oh, good, because we haven't got enough of those."

Nicholas"Yeah, mix it up a bit, Frobisher."

Charlie's POV

My twin, Jerome and I enter the library and Jasper is standing there looking very anxious.

Jasper" Have you got the dollhouse?"

Jerome*sighs* No"

Jasper" Why not, there is three of you"

Charlie" When we went back the dollhouse was gone, they must have locked it up or something"

Jasper"The collector has just called me. We're running out of time.He's growing impatient"

Eddie"How do you know it's a he?"

Jasper" What are you talking about?"

Jasper face then changes he has just had a realisation.

Jasper" His voice is Disguised.Some sort of device in the phone maybe.

Jerome" Jasper, Charlie and I just went to Vera's room"

Jasper" No, no, no, Vera has got nothing to do with anything.

Charlie" How do you know?"

Jasper" The housekeeper? The idea is absurd"

Eddie" We it's not that absurd, my sister always said she was weird and there was something off about her"

Nicholas's POV

We've been following the tunnel for at least ten minutes, maybe closer to twenty, not sure. We haven't come across an end yet, and this particular tunnel doesn't have any lights on the walls like the rest, so right now, our torches are all we've got to light the way. I honestly can't even be certain if we haven't looped around somehow.

Nicholas "Should we leave string or bread crumbs or something?"

Patricia" How far from the house are we?"

Fabian "Shh, I think we might be at the end of it. Come on."

We all follow Fabian, we can hear muffled voices and then through a grate on the floor we see Jerome and the twins standing there talking with Jasper but it seems like a very intense conversation.

Jasper" Look Vera has nothing to do with it, the truth is, we don't even know who we're dealing with. So until we know more, we shut up and play the game, Please, Jerome, Charlie, Eddie you know what's at stake here"

We look at Fabian this was his godfather he had a right to be curious and concerned.

Charlie's POV

Eddie and I had given up on the footage there was a lot of it, more than I ever expected. Joy then enters.

Joy" Eddie what were these doing back on my bed?"

Eddie" Look I am telling you now, there is far too much footage to comb through"

Joy" Yeah but there is two of you"

Eddie" Not happening me and sis are out on this one"

Charlie's POV

I was sitting the lounge room, I had given into Joy about combing through the footage and then Patricia and my twin's voices could be heard over the intercom

Patricia"You didn't tell me"

Eddie" That's it?

Patricia" I just want you to tell me stuff, I think I should know if you kissed my twin, or, perhaps that Mr Sweet is yours and Charlie's dad, you could've just told me.

Eddie" You're right; I know that now"

Patricia" So you can trust me, right? Not to do anything stupid?"

Eddie" Yeah, I'm sorry, Okay, from now on, we won't keep stuff to ourselves"

Patricia" Okay?"

Eddie" Except the whole dad stuff, though, right?"

Patricia" Of course"

Eddie comes out with Patricia and I am standing by the office having come out of the lounge. The look on my brother's face when he sees that the mic had been on.

Eddie"Oh, man"

Alfie then approaches us both and pinches our cheeks.

Alfie"Well, if it isn't The Sweetie Twins!"

Everyone starts chanting Sweetie twins and we both look up to see our dad standing in the crowd, he looks down. Eddie storms off, I run after him.

Story Notes: So Sibuna find another tunnel and Nicholas is slotting in perfectly with the group. The Twins and Jerome continue to help Jasper and The Twins now find themselves sitting on their own a lot as now The whole school knows they are as Alfie put it The Sweetie Twins.

Authors Notes
Another scene I was looking forward to write was the whole school finding out The Twins secret. And I am enjoying writing Nicholas. Let me know what you think down below.

Vote/Comment/Follow
Thanks
Totally_Twins2 X

The Miller Twins (1) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara