ACT 2B - Antithesis - Secrets Revealed

Start from the beginning

Drake, Xar, and K3 quietly move through the woods as they near the village. Drake sees a marker driven in the dirt near the edge of the path. The trio approach the marker as Drake tries to read the writing but cannot due to mud covering some of the letters.

DRAKE
I can't make out the writing.

Drake, Xar, and K3 get close in hopes of wiping away some of the muck obscuring the message. Drake reaches forward to begin cleaning the marker as Xar and K3 stay close behind.

EXUN KAR
I have seen this type of marker before.

As Drake touches the marker to begin cleaning, he triggers a trap that catches the trio in a net that lifts them several feet into the air. Xar flails around since his leg is trapped under K3 as Drake calmly looks around.

DRAKE
Hold still.

Drake has trouble reaching his lightsaber and tries using the force to get them free without success.

DRAKE
Can you reach my lightsaber?

EXUN KAR
I think so.

Xar must get free of K3 in order to reach Drake's lightsaber.

EXUN KAR
I can reach it.

Xar stretches and grabs the lightsaber although Drake could not see that it was out of reach. Xar holds the lightsaber for Drake to see.

DRAKE
Be careful when you activate the blade.

Drake cringes as Xar looks down the emitter barrel with his finger close to the activation trigger.

DRAKE
That is the dangerous end.

Xar quickly points the emitter end away from himself and the others then locates the trigger. Xar is startled as the lightsaber ignites. He examines the blade for a moment then swings at the net.

DRAKE
Easy.

Xar cuts enough of the net to cause the trio to fall out and land on the ground. K3 uses his thrusters to slow the fall and Drake lands on his feet while Xar drops the lightsaber that automatically extinguishes as he tumbles to the ground.

54 INT. EXCISION CHART ROOM DAY

Commander Ryse walks into a room where the navigator is operating a holo-table displaying a series of star systems.

COMMANDER RYSE
Report.

NAVIGATOR
I sifted through the scan records
from our hyperspace passage and
assembled a list of systems within
escape pod range.

COMMANDER RYSE
How many systems?

NAVIGATOR
Seven.

Ryse inspects the hologram of the course and planets along the way. Ryse points to two systems on the map.

COMMANDER RYSE
Eliminate WS-4-12 and WS-3-16.

NAVIGATOR
Yes, sir.

The navigator enters information into the system that removes the two systems from the map.

NAVIGATOR
That will reduce our search time by two days.

Ryse points to another star system.