ACT 2A - Hypothesis - Jedi in Exile

Start from the beginning

DRAKE
Come on. Shake it off. K3?

Drake spends a few moments inspecting the inactive droid and talks to himself as he discovers the problem.

DRAKE
Fried power converter.

Drake finishes his inspection then stands up and sarcastically addresses the droid as if he can hear him.

DRAKE
Well, you hold down the fort while I
try to find you a spare part
in the middle of nowhere
on a planet beyond the edge of nowhere.

Drake grabs a survival kit from a storage locker then looks at K3-N8 one last time before he exits the escape pod.

26 EXT. PLANET SURFACE NEAR ESCAPE POD DAY

Drake steps away from the escape pod and seals the door then walks up a mound of dirt to get a better sense of where he's at. There are large mountains behind him, with dark hills to both sides. Ahead is a relatively flat expanse covered in vegetation and the occasional scrub brush. Overhead is the nearest of the rings that orbit the planet.

DRAKE
(talks to self)
Forward it is.

Drake sees several small animals scurry away from the area as he begins to walk away from the crash-landing site of the escape pod. In the distance a shadowy figure is nestled in the rocks to the right of Drake. The shadowy figure moves from the cover of rock to rock as Drake walks forward unaware.

27 EXT. ROCKY TERRAIN WITH LARGE PLANTS DAY

The shadowy figure watches Drake from the cover of a string of rocky hills as the young Jedi navigates the rocky terrain filled with a variety of large plants and small animals. The shadowy figure watches as Drake gets too close to a large plant. The plant raises up to reveal a large beak then two nearby plants rise from the ground to form arms that attack. His lightsaber is grabbed by a vine-like arm and held out of sight. Drake breaks free from the plant then locates and retrieves his lightsaber. Drake moves out of reach of the plant then watches as it settles back into the ground. Drake catches movement out of the corner of his eye.

DRAKE
(talks to self)
I guess this place isn't as boring
as I thought.

28 EXT. DESERTED REGION WITH FEW PLANTS DAY

The shadowy figure continues to hide in the rocks and loses sight of Drake as he moves from one rock to another. The figure frantically scans the area below to find his target. A voice prompts the figure to turn and raise his hands.

DRAKE
Hello there.

The sunlight reveals the shadowy figure to be a humanoid with a weapon in one hand and a sack in the other. The humanoid seizes an opportunity to sprint away from Drake.

DRAKE
They always run.

Drake follows the humanoid and uses his force powers to cause obstacles to fall in the way to slow him down until he finally gives up.

DRAKE
Who are you?

The humanoid sets his weapon and sack down then slowly reaches to remove a scarf that is hiding his identity. Drake sees a young man about his own age revealed under the scarf.

DRAKE
My name is Drake.
Do you understand me?

The young man nods in understanding then responds.