Guitar Hero

I pulled up to Hunter's driveway. I quickly checked the time to make sure I wasn't early, I sprayed myself with deodorant and got out the car. I knocked on the door waiting for my long haired friend to greet me. The door opened but it wasn't hunter it was a middle-aged man with intense balding and some brown hair. He looked down at me and hesitantly turned his head back and shouted into the house.
"Hunter there's a.... Goth girl here to see you!" He yelled looking back at me uncertainly. I saw Hunter run up the stairs and push past his dad.
"Hey!" He said panting.
"Hey!" I said chuckling. Hunter smiled and let me inside. His house was fucking huge, it was sleek and modern not Hunter's style at all.
"Woah." I said looking around.
Hunter looked at me, and then around his house nonchalantly.
"You're fucking loaded." I muttered, I heard Hunter laugh and that brought me back to reality.
"Oh should've know when you had a sexy fucking car that you'd be loaded but I never thought of that." I said with a nervous laugh. Hunter rolled his eyes, and started walking me further into his house. He tried to speed past the kitchen but got stopped by his dad.
" Hey wait a minute come back here. " His dad said sternly. Hunter sighed and walked back into the kitchen doorway, I followed closely behind.
"Who is this?" He asked pointing the butter knife he was using to butter his toast at me.
"This is Alice." Hunter said rolling his eyes. I waved.
"Right um hi Alice I'm Dr Sylvester, so what are you guys gonna be doing?" He said awkwardly.
"We're just going to go hangout in my room, can we leave now?" Hunter asked annoyed. Dr Sylvester looked at the two of us and then reluctantly nodded.
"Remember keep the door open!" Dr Sylvester shouted as we descended into the basement area. As we walked in Hunter slammed the door as an extra fuck you to his dad. I looked around the big room, walls covered in posters and cool paraphernalia.
"Woah." I said in awe.
Hunter smiled and sat on his bed with a sigh.
"I love your room so fucking much." I said sitting next to him on the soft bed.
"Thanks." He said with a laugh.
"Ready to rock?" He asked.
"Fuck yeah!" I said, Dr Sylvester had been so distracted by my general presence that he hadn't even noticed I had my guitar on my back. I pushed my green and black electric guitar covered in stickers forward.

I saw Hunter eyeing it

"What?" I asked looking down at his sleek, gorgeous black guitar.
"I like your guitar." He said simply looking back up at me. I rolled my eyes trying to hide my smile.
"What? I think it suits you!" He said pushing me playfully.
"Whatever! Shut the fuck up, thank you." I said. We took turns playing different parts of songs we liked, we showed each other cool little guitar tricks we could do and taught each other random shit. We were laughing about me fucking up a note so hard it sounded kinda cool when someone barged through the door. It was Kevin and Emily, they were trying to convince Hunter to let Emily be their bassist. I kinda zoned out not really listening to them bicker but zoned back in.
"-we are a metal band and for us to have a cello player instead of a bass player would be completely gay." He said with a few claps and points to emphasize his point. Emily scoffed and looked around his room to all the questionable posters he had on his walls.
" You've got to take all of that in context.." Hunter said looking down. I laughed and everyone looked at me. I was sitting next to Hunter this whole time but I think everyone kind of forgot I was there, mainly because I was completely silent up until now.
" Alice you agree with us right? " Emily asked putting me on spot.
"What?" I asked sitting up straight.
"You think Emily should be out bass player right?" Kevin pressed further. I looked at Hunter who titled his head wanting to see what I'd say.
"Well I don't know if it would be ~gay~ or not, not that I'd care either way cuz I'm pretty gay myself but I don't know I think Emily's cool and it's not really like you have any other options anyway." I said stretching. Emily smiled at me and Hunter just kept staring at me.
" What? Atleast I was honest, I mean battle of the bands is just getting closer and closer and your bassist auditions didn't go too well, plus Emily can fucking rock out on the cello!" I said defensively to Hunter. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. Eventually Kevin and Emily left defeated, Hunter still wouldn't budge. I lay back on his bed, putting my guitar down. Hunter lay down next to me with a sigh.
" Are you mad at me? " I asked looking up at his ceiling.
"No, why?" He asked looking towards me.
"Oh I don't know I kinda thought you'd be upset that I agreed with Kevin and Emily." I said looking his way.
"Oh, well I mean you're wrong, like very very wrong." He started as I laughed.
"But no I'm not mad." He finshed laughing as well now.
"Fuck you, you're wrong!" I said.
"Whatever you say Alice." Hunter rolled his eyes, smirking.
"You called it gay, fuck you I'm bi!" I said pushing his arm.
"I didn't mean gay as in like gay, I don't fucking care if you're gay or bi or whatever I just couldn't think of anything else okay!" He said defensively. I laughed at how flustered he was getting.
"I mean like Kevin said it's not exactly like Skull fucker is a name that attracts most girls." Hunter added rolling onto his stomach.
"I like Skull fucker I think it's badass as fuck!" I said playing with a strand of Hunter's soft hair.
"Well you're not most girls Alice, you're a fucking metal head outcast like me." Hunter said grabbing my hand and forcing me to release his hair.
We hung out for a couple more hours but eventually I had to go home.

*******
I let Alice out and watched her drive off. I sighed and walked to the kitchen to find something to eat. My dad was waiting for me at the counter. I rolled my eyes ignoring him as I rummaged through the fridge.
"So that Alice girl..." My dad started.
"What about her?" I asked already annoyed with this conversation.
"Are you two dating?" He asked looking at me expectantly. I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Why do you want to know?" I asked coldly. My dad scoffed.
"You know what I don't know." He said defeated as he picked up his coffee angrily and walked out of the kitchen. I laughed to myself he messed coffee on his way out cause of how angrily he was walking around.
Later Kevin was late as fuck to band practice, I don't know why cause he refused to tell me why but I was left practicing alone for 2 hours. I was fucking livid and I made that clear to him, which is also why he left very soon after he came to practice with me. I scoffed brushing hair out of my face and working on the same riff I had been struggling with.
"Whatever fuck em." I muttered under my breath.