Chapter 38 - Hurricane Aya

Start from the beginning

Like the bloody hypocrite she is, She looked down for a while, trying to look all innocent and remorseful before making her way to me and sitting on the couch's arm, right next to me "I know you don't even want to look at my face right now, and rightfully so, but I'm truly very sorry. I understand that I crossed all limits and what I did is unforgivable, but I'm sorry, I've learned from my mistakes and InshaAllah it won't happen again"

I looked at her with a blank expression on my face, then turned my attention to my phone "just please stay away from me, that's if you know what's good for you,"

"Haba mana Aya, please don't hold a grudge" she tried to hold my hand but I was quick to snatch it away and shoot her a glare "I promise you I didn't come back to this house to cause problems for anyone, if anything, all I brought is good news"

"Good news?" Both Hafeez and I asked at the same time, but mine was internal. He was confused once again while I just wondered how anything good could ever come out of that wench.

"Yes" she smiled and stood up, then took her big black veil off and revealed something..... something that sent chills down my spine "I'm pregnant"

For a second, I hit a pause. Silently hoping and praying that what she said wasn't true, but when my eyes landed on her stomach, what I was hoping for became merely a wish that will never come true.

Indeed, there was a small bump under the baby pink Abaya she was wearing, though it was barely noticeable from the front, only from the side. It looked roughly around 3-4 months old, which means she had been pregnant even before she left the house.

"Are you serious?" Hafeez took a few steps closer to her, while she nodded in response with a huge grin on her face. He put his hand on her bump and felt it for a while before his face broke into a smile, and before I could process anything else, he took her in his arms, the excitement clearly evident in his eyes.

I stood still, vision getting blurry really fast, and in that moment, I heard my poor heart break. It was a small and clean sound, like the snapping of a flower's stem, but to me, it was louder than a lions roar or whatever you think Is loud as fuck.

My eyes were stinging badly, and I knew what that meant; tears were right at the edge, and I'd rather die than allow Layla to see me cry and give her the satisfaction of feeling like she's ahead of me, so I did what I thought was best. I wished them a quick 'goodnight' before heading upstairs to my room without even waiting for their response.

When I got inside, I double locked the door and slid down against it until I was fully seated on the cold tiled floor. That was when the tears couldn't be withheld anymore, so I shut my eyes tight and let them roll freely with silent sobs accompanying them like an entourage.

If you ask me why I was crying, I won't have anything to tell you because I didn't have an answer, all I knew is that my chest hurt really badly. Just.....Watching her give my Hafeez the form of happiness that nobody has ever given him before felt like someone ripped my heart out of it's cage and cut it up to make suya.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not happy for her. Yes I absolutely despise her, but every woman deserves to experience the joy of motherhood and I wish that for everyone, so yeah, I wasn't upset that she was carrying Hafeez's baby, instead, I was afraid. I was afraid that her pregnancy would bring an end to the beautiful bond Hafeez and I were starting to form. I was afraid that her pregnancy would make him lose any sort of interest in me, I was afraid that her pregnancy would make him forget me, because what if, just what if that's all he has ever wanted? What if he wanted a child more than anything at that moment? What if his biggest dream was to be a father? And Layla was about to help him fulfill that dream of his, so of course I wouldn't matter to him anymore.