Chapter 1 - A-phiphany

'Pour another bottle to the floor, love/ You know I want some/ Everything you do is screaming more drugs/ Oh, we've lost it/ Call it conflict/ You keep on falling baby/ Figure it out/ Cut that shit out/ Just keep steering'
___________

"We drank nothing that night
but I was intoxicated.
I went home and thought
are we soulmates?"
___________________________________

"I am fully convinced you never graduated from kindergarten." Asher taunted Taylor.
"Wait, let me make one thing clear. Are you flirting with me or trying to start a fight?" Taylor smirked in response leaning into Asher's personal space.

"God I'm too sober for this" Sydney groaned from beside those 'useless ass suckers' as she called them in her head and well, in their face.

They were all sitting together on the floor of Brooke's bedroom with purple led lights illuminating the room. Between the circle of friends were a bunch of pods and cigarette butts that they had been hosting on for more than an hour now. Asher and Taylor sat beside each other with their legs criss crossed, took turns vaping, their hands slipping over each others' and soon enough Asher had hers' rested on Taylor's thigh. It might've seemed like a small gesture between friends but Taylor could not be more aware of the heat the hand was slowly seeping into her.

As always, she began contemplating it, thinking why would she do that? And out of nowhere? She knew that Asher wasn't a physical person as she had spent 15 years being friends with this girl. She was quite aware of all her quirks; though one thing she wasn't sure about was her sexuality because even though she claimed she was straight, her actions said otherwise.

Taylor was then pulled out of her thoughts by the sole occupant of them, who had grabbed Taylor's face to blow smoke from her mouth into hers, their lips almost touching but not quite. Quickly inhaling the smoke, Taylor looked back to find Asher staring at her with an undefinable glint in her eyes and her lips slightly pulled up.

This bitch would never learn manners, would she?

Over the years they both had done stuff that wasn't conventionally considered 'friendly'. There was a lot of dirty dancing, holding each other's hips, hands on waist or in hair, passing suggestive looks with wandering hands or eyes lingering for a little too long. But considering their personalities it could've been said that it was just friends messing around.

Why, you might ask?

Because Asher and Taylor were both the biggest flirts. Taylor more so than Asher, getting a little too comfortable with everyone while the latter tended to stick just to her close friends. Snapping back to reality she noticed how Brooke, Asher's best friend was now sitting in her lap, with the other looking quite fazed.

God physical contact disgusted her.

To direct her attention elsewhere a secret crept out of her that caught the attention of the whole group almost immediately. Like a litter of puppies.

"I asked someone out."

A bunch of gasps were heard around the room
following with questions like; "By someone you mean an actual human being?"

All of them knew she wasn't a very affectionate person herself and her actions clearly stated that she preferred to stay far away from relationships so their curiosity was justified, the sarcasm wasn't. Mostly they were wondering who'd been lucky enough to catch Taylor's eye.

"It's Sarah." She responded. "We were flirting for quite a long time and she gave me multiple, very obvious signs that she was interested, so I asked her out and of course, she said yes."