"You have no idea." I shake my head, because they're about to have a damn good idea of exactly how whipped I truly am. "We need to talk, buddy. Now."

I hurriedly grab Tyler's arm and pull him up. He groans lazily as I drag him to the side so I can speak without anyone hearing. "I need your fucking help, Ty."

His face falls and his eyes widen in horror. "Did you knock her up?"

I scowl because he just made that sound like a disaster when it's anything but. "Shut up and listen. I have a plan that I need you to help me with."

"Do tell, my brother." He nods with a sigh.

"I don't know how we're gonna manage all of this today, but by tonight I need everything to be ready. Because I'm gonna p----" I'm just about to spill the beans when Rose walks back into the room.

"M-Maddox?" Her eyes scan the living room quickly, a little worried that she can't see me.

"I'm right here, my angel." I literally shove Tyler away and hurry to her.

"Can I take a moment to say how incredibly cute you two are?" Charlotte looks at us dreamily. "And the whole middle name thing is so adorable!"

My baby blushes while I roll my eyes at how dramatic my family can get. I can't say I'm not fucking proud, though.

"I know right!" Mom cries out loudly and everyone laughs. "They're perfect for each other."

"Thank you." Rose mumbles shyly before turning to face me. "Can I have a word with you?"

"Of course." I entwine our fingers and lead her to the kitchen. "Is everything alright, baby? Do you want us to leave?"

"No, I'm having fun. I'm a lot more comfortable than I was yesterday." She grins at me, putting her weight on her toes every couple of seconds, a tell tale sign that my angel is excited.

"Then what's up?" I pull her closer to my chest because I fucking can and I want to.

"I wanna go to the mall." She plays with collar of my shirt as she speaks. "Sofia mentioned earlier that there was one a few blocks away from here."

"Yeah, there is." I carefully nod, because I don't know if being in such a crowded place is the smartest thing to do today, but I can't say no to my angel anyway. "I'll grab my keys."

"No!" Rose shakes her head quickly with wide eyes. "I don't want you there."

"What?" I frown in confusion, blinking a few times.

"I wanna go to the mall." She repeats slower, trying to get me to understand her words and I almost laugh.

"Yeah, that's not the part I'm having a hard time grasping, baby. What do you mean you don't want me to come with you? Why the fuck not?" My hands tighten around her waist subconsciously.

"Because I want to buy something. Without you being there." She explains breifly, carefully, and I'm about to break the shit out of my own rules and give her a big fat no when she says, "I'll take Mama with me, though. You don't have to worry. I'll be safe."

Okay, something is not adding up here.

"Why the fuck do you want to go shopping without me? What do you wanna get, baby?" My frown deepens when she gives me a shrug.

"I just said I don't want you with me. What makes you think I'll tell you?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Oh, so we're keeping secrets now?" Defensively, I'm quick to ask, my look mirroring hers.

"No!" She waves her hands, assuring me. "It's not a secret. It's a surprise."

"Oh." My heart calms down at that. My precious little angel wants to bravely go to the mall and surprise me later with a gift.