new best friend? (tommy)

~•□♡☆ caregiver bio☆♡□•~

Name: wilbur

Nicknames: wilby, papa

Little: Tommy

Relationship status with little: best friend, brother figure
×××××
~•□♡☆Little bio☆♡□●~

Name:  Tommy

Little age: 0-4

Nicknames: baby, sweetheart, baby bean, hun

Caretaker: Wilbur

Others: _

Relationship status with cg: brother figure, best friend
××××
Promt: during the love or host awsten mentions Wilbur getting a new best friend and Tommy gets jealous and slips

Suggested by: _

TW/CW: overthinking, crying

Word count: 1111
-----
3rd person
----

Tommy sat in front of his computer screen. Waiting for the podcast to start. He was going to be in Wilbur's love or host. It was incredibly excited it was one of the first times he'd gotten to be on anything big except his own videos and his friends videos. As the recording started he sat looking at his camera staring into it it's a pretty much nothing. As Austin started talking Tommy could tell about all of the excitement it started getting him to the point he was slipping. He knew that he couldn't be little on this podcast. He knew that it was only going to be a couple hours and he could handle being big through that it wouldn't be too hard. Or so he thought. Everybody knew that when Tommy was regressed was a lot more sensitive. So his lack of words, his attitude, his facial expressions, and the fact that he reacted to everything that someone said should have been a major clue to all of them that he was slipping. But of course it wasn't their fault, it was a love or host they just kind of assumed that he would stay big.

"alright it's time to start" Austin said

"hello everybody and welcome to another love or host, and this one we're going to Wilbur some love or a new best friend" Tommy's face immediately dropped to a frown. Did Wilbur really want a new best friend? Was Tommy really that annoying? Was Wilbur really done with Tommy? He had tried to be the best best friend he could be but what if he had failed? I mean sure Wilbur how to always made smart comments about how it was embarrassing that is best friends with a 16 year old.

"He's surely not replcing me!" Tommy said.

"Riiiiight" Austin replied with. It just made Tommy overthink more. Why would he stretch out the word right he wasn't being sarcastic? Did Wilbur really want to replace him? Maybe Wilbur was really tired of him. Maybe Tommy's annoying had finally gotten to him. Tommy tried to stay engaged in the conversation but he felt like he couldn't. What if his best friend, no, his brother figure I really wanted to replace him? Tommy wasn't ready to lose him. Tommy loved him. Part of Tommy wanted to play along with a joke and make himself seem self-centered but the other part wanted to go curl up and cry. The curling up and crying was mostly the part that was winning at the moment. He couldn't cry on this podcast had to be a big man. But that was already too late. Nikki was the first to notice the tears running down the boys face. Then Karl, quackity, sapnap, and then Wilbur and Austin. They were all confused for a moment. Had one of them said something seriously wrong? Then out of the blue it kind of hit Wilbur. It had dawned on him that they said Wilbur was getting a new best friend. But tommy knew that wad a joke right? He knew Tommy was one to overthink and fear losing people but it was clearly a joke. Then it immediately hit Wilbur that Tommy had slipped.

"Hey Austin could we finish recording a bit later? My heads killing me, I was gonna try to make it through the recording but I'm not sure I can." Wilbur lied through his teeth. He just needed to go be with his little.

"Yeah of course! I'll text in a few hours to see how you're feeling or if you prefer we can switch to tommrow or a few days from now"

"I think texting in a few hours should work and we'll see how I feel"

"Alright feel better!" Tommy was the first to click off and everyone else followed. They all hoped that Tommy was okay. They knew that's where Wilbur was going. They all knew he felt fine just that he needed to go check on tommy. Even with them all know he was a regressor that part never occurred to them that's what this could be. They all just assumed something had happened, like a sad text or he had something happen and it had just hit him. They didn't know. Tommy sat in his chair a crying mess. He was full on quietly sobbing. He was scared he messed up more and lost his best friend some more. Wilbur grabbed his coat, 2 hoodies, and walked out the door locking it behind him. He knew it was senseless to try and call Tommy. He knew he wasn't going to answer. He speed walked down the hallway out to the street. Then he jogged his way to Tommy's flat. He grabbed his spare key out of the front pocket on his bag. He unlocks the door as fast as he capably could. He heard soft sobs and lots of sniffles. Wilbur quickly grabbed a pair of pajamas pants for the boy, the sweater he brought over he also grabbed a paci and clip that was red with minecraft disks on it, his favorite blanket and Henry, his minecraft cow plush techno had sent him. He rushed into Tommy's room and scooped the boy onto his arms.

"Shhh baby, let's calm down deep breaths. You can do it. I believe in you pumpkin. 1....2....3.... 3...2...1 good job baby" Wilbur helped him change into the chosen clothes, clipped the paci to the sweater and picked him up taking him to the bed.

"W-wiwby nu weav...  n-nu fin new fwen.." (wilby don't [no] leave... don't [no] find new friend)

"I'm not going anywhere or getting a few best friend bubs" 

"Pomis?" (Promise)

"Yes baby I promise" Tommy nodded content with what he had just heard and laid his head on wilburs chest. Wilbur held him close and started singing songs from 'your city gave me asthma' knowing they were some of tommys favorite. Tommy slowly fell asleep in his caretakers arms he was happy.

"Good night my baby bean, I live you" Wilbur kissed the top of Tommy's head, holding him close as he got some rest himself.