fifty three

3RD PERSON POV

It was the 7th day now. An entire week that Riley spent avoiding everybody. She opened her laptop for the first time because her teachers were sending her hundreds of emails. She did some work, failed everything she did and got some frustrated tears from that.

Still no texts to Leon, her family, Auston, Mitch, Connor, Johnny, Zack. Nobody. Nobody knew what happened except for Johnny, Connor, and the Oilers team. Matthew didn't want to tell anybody he knew what he did would be frowned upon by other people, so he didn't tell them. Just said that Riley's in a funk and not talking to anybody.

Leon tried and tried to get her to text her back. With begging, apologizing, pictures of Bowie, or even bad pickup lines in hopes that she sees it and it'll cheer her up. She did see it and it made me sadder, it just brought back memories. He was losing himself too, he couldn't throw himself into hockey anymore. His coach noticed and told him to go home and stay there for a couple of hours.

His house was filled with her, everything was hers or she had used. He slept on her side of the bed, trying to keep the smell of her perfume close to him. He went on her Instagram hourly just to see if she had taken down the pictures of them. She hadn't, but that's because he didn't know she hadn't checked her phone in a week.

He stared at himself in the mirror and tried to picture her arms wrapped around his stomach with her face buried in his back. He didn't watch any of the shows they were watching together, just in case she came back and got mad at him. He had to find shows on his own, and they were all terrible. He missed her reality shows that he always complained about watching, but right now he would do anything to watch them with her. He wanted to be back in bed with her watching 16 Wishes.

Taryn, her mom, Auston, Mitch, and everybody on the team constantly asked if he had heard from her. The constant 'it'll get better buddy' he didn't know anymore. He didn't know what more to do and he was running out of ideas.

"Have you tried going to her house?" Connor asked the other day. "If you get by Matthew you can check on her yourself."

Leon scoffed at the idea, "Matthew's never letting me in that house alive."

Connor shrugged, "Just sayin."

It was the point of desperation that he might try and get himself killed to see her. That's why he's going to her house. If Matthew was there or not he was seeing her.

He hesitated to knock on the door. There was a possibility that Matthew wouldn't even open the door for him. The thought that Riley saw who it was and wouldn't open the door, he cringed at that. He did know where their spare key was though.

He knocked on the door and waited. After a couple of seconds, he heard a curse word and knew that Matthew was looking through the peephole. He smirked at him.

"What do you want?" He heard Matthew through the door.

Leon rolled his eyes at Matthew's childness of not even opening the door. "I'm here to check on Riley."

"Riley's fine. Leave."

Leon poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, trying to keep his cool. "I know she isn't fine. Your entire family has been asking me if I had heard from her," He said emphasizing the me part. "So, open the door and let me check on her, Matthew," He demanded.

Matthew flew the door open, not to let him in, but because he was getting mad at Leon. "Leave now. She's fine, she doesn't want to see you," He spit.

Leon bitterly shook his head, "I don't believe you. Let me in and I'll ask her myself, if she tells me to leave I will never come back."