thirty five

3rd PERSON POV

When Leon woke up, he was astonished by how much his bed smelt like Riley. Over time it started fading and most of her perfume smell was gone but, now it was like she was really here.

He snuggled deeper into it and froze once he heard a heartbeat against his head. Fuck, fuck, fuck, he was slowly chanting in his head. He was extremely drunk last night and the last thing he remembered was throwing back some drinks with the guys. He was scared of what he did. He couldn't do that to Riley, he couldn't get with another girl. So, he pretend to still be asleep while he tried to replace his memory.

He froze when the person he was basically laying on top of, pushed him off and snuggled into his chest. They didn't say anything, so he assumed they were still asleep.

Her perfume filled his senses again. Jesus, did I go around the bar finding a girl with the same perfume as Riley? He thought.

He carefully thought about his night. He remembered going to the bar after the game to celebrate his hat trick. He remembered leaving early, getting an uber, and watching a Flames game? He thought. Why would he watch a Flames game when drunk. And after that nothing.

He slowly peeled his eyes open, he looked around and confirmed his thoughts that he wasn't home. But, he still hasn't caught on to whose home he's in.

He looked down to his chest and only saw blonde hair. He cursed himself, he basically did find a Riley lookalike and whoever it was, was hugging him like he was about to go away to war.

He slowly started to peel her arms off of him. He knew it was an asshole move to leave like this but, he only cared about Riley.

He climbed off of the couch, he was still wearing his clothes from last night, so nothing happened. That just made him more confused. What the fuck did he do last night.

Then, it all clicked. He looked around the surrounding apartment and almost cried out in astonishment. He didn't know how his drunk self got into Riley's apartment but, he was glad. Then, he looked over to the couch and saw Riley sprawled out. He almost crumbled with relief, he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything wrong.

Then he remembered that Riley was on the couch and he just peeled her off of him. He immediately walked back over to the couch, slowly laid down, and put her on top of his chest. Like nothing had ever changed. Like he didn't do anything. Like this is the first time she had talked to him in almost two months.

But it was all ruined when he felt her start to wake up. He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable 'Leon get out.' But, that didn't happen...just yet. She let out a sigh and laid her ear against Leon's heartbeat, a soothing sound to her. He was still here and she choose to ignore that anything happened. She wanted to bathe in the comfort of Leon before dealing with the heartbreak that also comes with him.

So that's what they did. They basked in each other's comfort. The calm before the storm because neither of them thought they could handle the storm without the other.

_______

They sat in silence while drinking their morning coffee. It was awkward. They finally got up an hour later, Riley gave him some of his clothes that she had to change into. And now they are sitting next to each other, staring at what's in front of each other to hold off the goodbye.

"I'm sorry," Leon said.

"I know."

"No, Riley," He said, turning towards her in his chair. "You don't get it. I can't go without you. I will do whatever you want, to make up for what I did. I can't be without you."

Her eyes welled up with tears as he looked her straight in the eyes and said that.

"You can never hurt me ever again Leon," She said seriously. "I can't go through this loop with you."

He rapidly shook his head, "I promise, I promise. I will never do anything to hurt you."

Riley shot up from her seat and into Leon's arms. Both crying in each other's arms. Both need healing from what he did. Both ready for the rest of their life together.

"Thank you, thank you so much, Riley," Leon whispered into her neck.

"It's okay, we're okay," She cooed as she smoothed down his hair.

"We're okay," He relaxed.

She pulled herself out of his grasp to look him in the eyes. "We are okay," She affirmed.

He grabbed the sides of her face with both of his hands and brought her face closer to his. "We're okay," He whispered before enclosing their lips together.

It was exactly how they were meant to be. Her smooth lips were on his. Love and comfort being channeled through each other. Showing each other's passion and appreciation. Another way of saying how much their love is. In one simple gesture. That means the world to each other.

______
😏😮‍💨🥺🥹🤧😩🥰🙌🏻😭
^ what they said