two

RILEY's POV

"Brady, I am going downstairs for coffee! Do you want any?" I yelled to Brady in the shower.

"No, I am good," He yelled back while taking a break from his terrible singing.

"Ok, I will be back soon then."

I slipped on a random hoodie I had laying on my bed then went out the door.

The best thing I like about fancy hotels is the amazing coffee, so I won't be wasting any opportunity to get myself some.

This was the first time I was going to All-Stars weekend, the first time Taryn wanted to go with Matthew so she went with him. Like my family, I was obsessed with hockey. I couldn't play as well as the rest of them could but, I knew more about the statistics of the game more than actually playing.

I was freaking out the first day we got here. Seeing all of my favorite players in one place was surreal and I was in awe the entirety of the day.

I usually was a nice person so, if somebody didn't like my brothers they usually liked me. Perks of being the best Tkachuk sibling. I got along with most of the players that I actually talked to. After I told them my name they usually grimaced but, I was used to it at this point.

Stepping into the elevator, there was another person in there. He had on a hat low on his face and he was looking down at his face. He was wearing an All-Stars shirt so I assumed he was a player.

I pressed the lobby button and went back into the opposite corner of the man.

I minded my own business, looking at my phone when the man made a sound.

I looked up confused. He was looking at me with a little bit of distaste. I raised an eyebrow. He gestured to my hoodie, I looked down and it was a Flames hoodie that I stole from Matt.

"What's wrong with the Flames?" I asked.

He flicked the logo on his hat, an Edmonton Oilers logo. I rolled my eyes, "So you're the type to hate people because of a sports team," I question.

He grumbled quietly before taking off his hat.

Oh.

I cough, "Nevermind."

Leon Draisaitl. I am standing in an elevator with Leon Draisaitl. The person who makes it very known that he does not like my family. Leon Draisaitl. I asked Leon Draisaitl what was wrong with my Flames hoodie. Fucking dumbass.

It was an awkward silence in the elevator. I silently chanted in my mind for the elevator to hurry up. But, it did the exact opposite. It stopped.

A loud crash sound with an abrupt shake and the elevator stops. I grip the hand railings and plant my feet down, stabling myself. The elevator stops moving and it stays in its place. I wearily looked around, scared that the tiniest move would make us fall.

"If we die. It's your fault, you're really big," I blurt out.

Leon looks at me like I am crazy. I can tell he's slightly panicking. He grumbles a lot of words that I couldn't understand but, they didn't sound very nice.

"English, please?" I squeak.

He looks at me with a flat face. We both look like starfishes out of water. Both sprawled out, holding onto anything that would keep us from panicking.

"I don't think you want that," He says.

I nod understandingly. If I knew German swear words, I would probably be doing the same.

"We are fine, we are fine. We. Are. Fine," I repeat, trying to calm myself.

"I am stuck in an elevator with a crazy Flames fan," I heard him sigh.

"I heard that," I snap.

"Good," He mumbles.

"Do you have your phone? You could call somebody," I think. "I left my phone in my room."

He nods fast before taking his phone out of his pocket. He takes out his phone and calls somebody. A few moments later, he says, "He won't answer, probably doing media or practicing."

"Great," I sigh. "They might notice we are stuck. I mean the Great Leon Draisaitl can be gone for too long," I mock.

His lips flatten and he glares at me. More not nice-sounding words come out of him.

"We are going to be here for a while," He says.

"Great," I laugh humorously.

_____
i hate this chapter 🥰