if you don't like the way i talk (then why am i on your mind)

After the chaos at USJ, U.A. decided to give students a much-needed day off to recuperate. For [Name], that meant a whole day devoted to deep, restful sleep, aiming to shake off the exhaustion that clung to them. The hospital room provided a peaceful refuge, shielding them from the outside chaos.

[Name] was relieved to hear from the nurses that Aizawa-sensei and Thirteen-sensei were recovering well and would be back to work soon. However, they mentally noted to scold Midoriya for breaking some bones while trying to save All Might.

Stepping back into class, [Name] was immediately swarmed by classmates concerned about their well-being after seeing them being taken away in an ambulance during the USJ attack. Only a few were allowed to visit them in the hospital room before the school instructed everyone to return to campus.

Midoriya, his eyes glistening with relieved tears, was the first to speak, "I'm so glad you're okay, [Last Name]-san!"

In response, [Name] wordlessly gave a playful punch to Midoriya's shoulder, concern etched across their face. "I heard you broke your bones again!"

"I'm sorry, [Last Name]-san!" Midoriya stammered, rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to alleviate the ache.

With a protective instinct that surprised even Midoriya, [Name] enveloped him in a headlock, their strength evident without the use of their quirk. "Don't be so reckless!" they scolded, prompting Midoriya to emit a sound that resembled a mix of apologies and pleas for mercy.

As the atmosphere lightened, Mina stepped forward, pulling [Name] into a warm embrace which ended them letting the green-haired boy go, who looked relieved. "We were really worried," she confessed, echoing the sentiments of their concerned classmates.

"No need to worry! I feel so much better after sleeping the past few days," [Name] reassured, a genuine smile gracing their lips.

As the students chattered around them, [Name] settled back into their usual spot in the class, feeling a mix of relief and camaraderie in the air. Laughter and conversations filled the classroom, and [Name], thankful for the friendly atmosphere, made their way to their seat. The return to normalcy felt comforting after the recent chaos, and [Name] couldn't deny they missed the familiar faces that made U.A. feel like a second home.

"Hey," Hagakure's voice floated across the room as she glanced towards [Name]'s desk, her tone carrying a friendly warmth. "Did you catch the news last night?" Her question brought a sense of camaraderie, reminding [Name] of the comforting presence of friends, even from just a few feet away.

Feeling grateful for the connection, [Name] experienced a surge of happiness, a sharp contrast to their previous belief that they weren't particularly close to their classmates during middle school. The countless get-well cards and balloons that once adorned their hospital room served as real life proof of these bonds, now safely tucked away in their apartment as cherished mementos.

Ojiro responded with a nod accompanied by a thoughtful hum.

"I didn't. I just slept all day yesterday," [Name] admitted, slumping onto their desk as they could guess what she meant by the news.

Hagakure sighed audibly, her invisible form seeming to convey a sense of longing. "Of course, but Ojiro-kun and Shoji-kun, did you see how everyone in class came on for a second? I didn't stand out at all." Her words carried a touch of wistfulness as she addressed the two boys.

"That's true," Shoji acknowledged, empathizing with Hagakure's sentiment.

"It's hard to stand out looking like that, huh?" Ojiro observed, his gaze turning towards the invisible girl with an understanding expression.

Who You Are | MHA/BNHAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara