Challenge #39

Jace POV

It's been two days since we found Hodges clue, two days more that she's been missing. That she's been taken. That I can't help her.

Hodges clue didn't help whatsoever, the restaurant was deserted since Luke took over as Alpha, there was no one there. However, we did find more mistletoe, the poison her dad had used on her but so far we haven't found any indication that the mistletoe is linked to Valentine taking her. And Greystone is nowhere to be found, neither is Magnus nor the fake Magnus. 

For all we know they're all together, Valentines lair. 

Every night since I haven't been able to sleep. Its been four days in total that she's been gone, which wouldn't seem like much but we all know the damage Valentine can do in four days. She could be dead at this point and I would have no idea. I would have no opportunity to apologise, no opportunity to say goodbye. It would be over.

And my life would never recover, never be the same. 

Whenever I try to close my eyes, visions of her screaming take over my mind. Or its worse, and I have her in my arms and she's mine and then I wake up and realise it was all a dream and the devastation hits me all over again. 

I wake up crying after those dreams. And then I cry harder when I come back to reality. 

Alec tells me that she's still alive, and that we would've felt it if she had did. 

But we can't feel her right now, we can't feel Magnus, we can't locate Valentine so how would I feel her death?

Believing she's dead is giving up, that's what I remind myself over and over again. 

She's not dead and I won't give up. 

I have been spending most time in my room. Alec and Izzy have been researching everyday, trying to find any clues or hints but I just find myself getting too angry. I am filled with anger. Anger at myself, anger at Valentine, anger at Hodge. 

Angry she's not with me. 

Angry she's not safe.

Theres a loud commotion downstairs. I can hear yelling and cheering, loud voices exclaiming. 

And then I hear it. 

Her voice. 

Clary. 

Clary's back? How is Clary back? Is Vieve back too?

As soon as the thought runs through my head, I am up, pulling pants over my legs, running a hand through my hair and on my way downstairs. 

As much as I know I shouldn't, hope runs through my veins for the first time in four days, hope that she's here, hope that she's okay.