5

Skylar pov

I looked at Marshall and I immediately felt like I couldn't even say a single word.

"But I don't know what to say, Marshall."

Right now I just wanted to cry again. This is just so exhausting man.

"It's okay, you don't have to", he sayed. "Wanna come here?", he reached his arms over to me and I immediately crawled into his lap. I just always feel so secure when I am with him and I love him for that. He always makes me feel better no matter how bad the situation is.

I buried my face into the crook of his neck and he placed his chin on my shoulder so that I felt his beard tickling on my skin.

"When did it happen?", he suddenly asked.

"Yesterday morning", I said with a cold voice.

"Why didn't you call me in the morning but like at night?"

"I'm sorry Marshall...", my voice cracked and tears started to fall down my face. He pulled me closer into him.

"I didn't wanna talk with anyone. I should've called you... because.... instead....", I had to pause because my breathing was getting really heavy and shaky. "...instead... man i did drugs instead..."

Now I started to cry because I realized how stupid I am because I know that I shouldn't have done it like this.

I better should have faced the pain...

"Oh Skylar... Skylar baby.... its okay. Its okay you dont have to be ashamed or something. No one's ever gonna know about this I promise.", he rubbed my back and it really calmed me down a bit.

"I know exactly how good it feels just to numb the pain by doing drugs. But its not good for you. You can always come to me to talk or something. I want you to know this."

"Thanks Marshall. And I also dont wanna do it again. Afterwards it just feels so wrong. Man I'm so stupid..."

"Don't say that Skylar. You aren't stupid. Cmon", he said a little louder.

We both stayed quiet for a while until I felt able to say something more.

"You know... Actually I'm not even that surprised that he cheated on me. I kinda knew it but its still so different when you finally realize it..."

"I know", he whispered into my ear.

"But I just let him go you know. Thank god we didn't share a home... it would be so difficult then..."

He nodded.

It just feels so good to get these things off my chest and that Marshall just listens to me and holds me in his arms to comfort me.

"But I don't know... we were together for over 3 years... how could he cheat on me?". Quiet tears rolled down my face again.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Skylar."

"How do you know?!", now I was upset. I don't even know why but I cried harder.

"Hey, Skylar...baby... I know it. He doesn't even deserve you. You are so amazing I still can't believe how he could hurt you..."

He held my face between his hands so I had to look at him and gave me a few pecks on my cheeks and it felt so good to hear this all from him. I actually kinda believed it.

"Thank you Marshall. It means a lot...", I said and drew small circles with my fingers through his hair.

"Cause it is true and I want you to know that. You are truly amazing Skylar."