"Enough of that." Bodhi whispers under his breath, his cheeks were red with embarrassment. "Now that everyone has met, can you look over the blueprints to my house?"

I forgot he told me his mom is an interior designer, I'm going to have to put up with her for the rest of my life.

"I'll wait out here and swim for a bit." I said.

They both nodded before heading inside, I honestly did not care for the house nor who I'm going to be sharing it with. I climbed inside the heated pool and walked towards the deepest side, I could feel heavy eyes watching me carefully. I don't understand how Kaz could have fallen out of love with a woman who is that drop-dead gorgeous, she made me feel insecure about everything.

I need to focus on the big picture here, I need to get pregnant this month and last night Bodhi didn't even touch me. I can't imagine myself as a mother, I'd be such a shitty parent it's not even funny. I don't even know how good parents should act, I've never been loved by either one of my parents. At least Bodhi will know how to love the little thing and take care of it but what part will I play in its life.

I ducked my head under water, my body was completely submerged inside the pool with just my dark thoughts and warm water. I wish it could be this peaceful all the time, maybe this is how peaceful death feels like. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't be missed by anyone, that I'm a burden to everyone in my family especially my brother. I'll probably be a burden to my child too, what if my kid hates me for just bringing them into my world?

I could hear a big splash next to me, and suddenly someone grabbed my waist yanking me up for air. I started choking on the air that was being forced inside my lungs, my eyes rapidly fluttered open with my mouth wide open. Kaz was staring at me with concerned eyes, water trailed down his face as his body was completely submerged like mine.

"You scared the shit out of me." Kaz snaps, angrily.

I harshly pushed him on his chest but he didn't budge. "I'm swimming, this is what people do in pools." I said.

I wiped my fingers across my cheeks trying to get all the water off my face, his chest was heaving up and down giving off the impression he was panicking.

"You weren't coming up for air." He said, his voice was a lot softer and his mouth kept parted.

"I was holding my breath." I whispered, my body floated closer to his as my hand softly touched his shoulder trying to have him relax a bit. "I'm fine."

His eyes started roaming over my body looking for a sign of distress, he was worried and still is. My hand crawled up to his cheek, forcing his eyes to focus on mine.

"I'm okay, everything is okay." I said.

He shakes his head, his eyes were closed and he was still breathing hard. "I thought you were drowning."

"I wasn't."

His eyes opened meeting mine, my chest was pressed against his as my thumb stroked his cheek. The air we shared entered both our lungs, and his hand touched my back holding me against his skin. Water was dripping from his hair, and his nose was bright red. My eyes were blinking with confusion, my mind just realized that this man has the power to make me feel happy by just glancing my way.

I tried my best to hold back but looking into his eyes, I saw my future, my past, and even my present. My lips suddenly slammed against his and his hands brought me closer to his body, his lips immediately kissed me back with so much force it sent shivers down my entire body. It was like his touch sent electric shocks throughout my entire body, and I felt alive.

Our lips molded against each other so perfectly almost like our lips were meant to touch each other, my body lifted out of the water as my legs wrapped around his torso. He was carefully sheltering me from everything with just his hands, his lips moved against mine very slowly savoring my every taste like he's been dying for my lips. I'm this moment, we didn't care about my parents, his ex-wife, or my fiancé because it was just us. This kiss wasn't filled with sexual tension, it was filled with an emotion I wasn't too familiar with, and that scared me but not as much as it scares me that I might never touch his lips again.

"Talitha!" A voice shouted, and we pulled away quickly.

Jules was standing at the sliding doors with a bowl of fruit, we both moved to the corners of the pool with both our chests heaving up and down rapidly. Jules averted her eyes to an incoming Bodhi, her eyes glanced back at my shocked ones.

He walked over to the table and grabbed his phone, he saw that we were all looking at him and raised his phone. "I forgot my phone." He smiles.

"Hey, you got in the pool, after all, good job facing your fears dad."

He was scared of the water yet still jumped in after me, butterflies exploded inside my stomach.

Kaz simply gave his son a thumbs up, Bodhi walked back inside chuckling. It fell quiet between all of us, Jules stared at us with curious eyes. Kaz grabbed onto the ladder and climbed out before wrapping a towel around his waist, he didn't spare another glance as he practically runs away.

"I should go check on the baby." She whispered, her voice sounding like she was in disbelief with what she had just witnessed.

She turned around getting ready to walk away. "Jules, we need to talk about what you just saw." I said, her body froze.

"It's none of my business, I just saved your ass that's it."

I climbed out of the pool while squeezing the water out of my finger hair, I wrapped my towel around my freezing body.

"You can't tell my parents." I blurted out.

"I know. I have a child with your brother, do you honestly think he didn't tell me anything about his childhood?" She asked.

"You could say something out of anger maybe even revenge." I said.

"I'm not that type of person. I love your brother and he loves you, hurting you will hurt him." She said, her hands tightened around the bowl.

"Whatever." I mumbled, my shoulder roughly nudging her out of the way.

We were almost caught, I was about to lose everything because I kissed my father-in-law. If Jules wasn't there then I would've been caught and it wouldn't be him who'd lose everything, it's me.

Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella
Tik tok: @ ellasbooks_