37

"I have never prayed on something which was so bizarre before like coming back from life."

<<~>>

Zhan POV

After that day when I gave my umbrella to the 'Stranger' Which I liked to call it, I couldn't have a peace of mind not even for a single second. Not suprising as it may sound I was too much in need to see him again. Desperete, yes. Infuriated more suiting. I groaned as I switched open my phone to check the time. I had work today and I knew very well that if I delay getting ready much further, I will surely be late for work again. I probably looked like a frivolous person from outside at work but actually I was just trying to spend the day waiting for it to be over, again to be in the same cycle again.
My train of thoughts were disturbed by a sudden knock on the front door of the house. I thought for a second—amused as the knocks of the door kept getting impatient. I tried to control my sudden hope that maybe the 'stranger' I gave the umbrella that day mightve come back to return the umbrella maybe? Even if it sounds pathetic and crazy to be true, I hoped profundly it would be true. So I leaped towards the door and opened it only to be crushed on my hopes after seeing another person standing there.

I was about to wore back my uninterested face again as I looked at the younger looking male.
"Are you...perhaps Xiao Zhan?'' The person standing infront of me asked as I gave a curt nod.
"Great, Can I come in? I have few questions to ask you.''
"Uhm sorry but I have somewhere to go now so maybe later?'' Later by I meant was never. I was about to close the door back when he stopped it by his hand.

"Im Yibo's friend can I please have a word with you?''

I was frozen for few seconds when I heard what the other said. Just the mention of his name was able to arouse Goosebumps on me. Sceptically I let the other in. He took a seat in the couch where he used to sit. I just stood near without taking a seat as well.

"What do you want to ask?'' I asked wanting this to be over quickly. He glanced at me while flipping away his hair strand from his face.
"I'll cut the crap. What happened?'' I was taken back by the question as I stayed silent. I didn't knew why the lump that have been formed in my throat forbid me from talking.
"He never hid anything from me. I was his best friend. Until you came to his peaceful life out of nowhere. You stole him day by day until you took him for forever." He sucked in his breadth and inched closer to me.

By the end of his words I was too lost to answer the question he threw at me. So I maintained my silence as thousands of thoughts rang inside my ear.

I was brought back to present by the other's hands on my both collars. He pierced his gaze at mine as he tightened his grip on my collar. He shook me violently while demanding answers.
"I know it's you freaking fault. Spill it, what did you do to him?"
I already knew it was my fault and I didn't need anyone else telling me about it again.
I wasn't even paying attention to what he had to say after because all I could hear and see was Yibo's captivating smile, his addicting laugh. Until it all ended on that rainy day I took the most stupidest decision I've ever made. I saw his flawless face stained with tears as he looked up at me so,
Mournfully.
Pained.

I looked at the friend of Yibo who had a tear rolling down on his face as well. I envied his freedom to let the tears out. While I felt too much guilty to find any solace. He let go of my shirt and took a deep breadth to calm down.
"Can I have a hope atleast?'' He whispered
Hope.. even the word itself felt so betarying to utter. But I knew deep down he was somehwere. He was.
He had to be.
I heard the door clicking and shutting itself, Meaning the friend of Yibo had left already unable to cooperate my silence.

That moment I knew I had to find him. After an year it was silly to even think he might be out there still. But you know what they say, Miracles do happen after all.
I grabbed my coat while opening the door to leave as well. Today I will find him no matter what.

Night breeze kept playing with my hair strands and occasionally giving chills but it only made me hurry my steps. I tried my best to not bump on passengers of the road but considering my running in middle of a pavement—it was acceptable I guess.
Funny thing is that I didn't even knew why I was running in the first place. Because it seemed to me like running for a whole delusion that didn't even exists.
He might even not be there when I get in there.
Out of all the times why would he even be there now when there are seven days in a week and twenty four hours to add up to it.
He might not even exist anymore in the first place!

I stopped on my tracks in front of the club—feeling the stares of people who had seen me running all the way here. I wasn't in a time to bother about those. I went inside already hating the fact seeing so many people crowding there.
It will only make it more harder to find him than it already is.

I ran amidst the crowd of people, pushing away the ones who were on my way. I passed the blinding neon lights trying to squint my eyes and recognise the person I wanted to see. I looked everywhere on ground floor not stopping for a second to actually let my poor lungs have some breath. I stopped on the start of the flight of stairs which lead to rooms which I knew were the last place I can hope he will be.

But did I want to see him in those rooms?

I grabbed the handrail and started sprinting the steps which one time I almost ended up tripping

Where are you running Xiao Zhan? To find a person who was killed by your own freaking fault?
Seriously?

I ignored my consciousness speaking inside my head. I hated that I knew he was partly speaking facts. Why...why did it have to go all wrong in the first place?

I opened the first door of a room which was empty. The second on the right, filled with strangers. Third on the left—again people. Fourth again on left—again strangers. At
Fifth, empty.
Sixth, strangers.

No..
All of the rooms..they were empty.

I was left breathless after seeing no other door except the wall ahead of me. It's your fault Xiao Zhan how could you let your imagination run wild?
I couldn't help but let out a dry chuckle and close my eyes which weren't even stinging anymore due to how hopeless I felt. I opened my eyes deciding to leave—back to the old life filled with emptiness.
I was about to turn around when I saw I had missed a door by the hurry I was in. I had to wipe my eyes again just to check if it was there for real or was my eyes playing tricks on me.

It is there!

It was almost unrecognisable due to the fact it was on the other side of the rooms, a small section just made left to the wall I was hopelessly staring before. It was vailed perfectly that no one would notice it if he or she didn't put a good amount of focus on seeing it.

I went in front of the door with a thumping heart. It was beating so fast it almost made me hard to breath. I grabbed the handle with my trembling hands and unlocked it—as it opened with a inaudible sound.

I looked inside and I saw someone. 

<<~>>