11

"The darkness was a good company but you were always better." 

Yibo POV

I was already awake when my alarm went off. Not like last time because last time I was excited but this time I was plainly busy in my own thoughts which are discarded everywhere even I didn't bother to re-arrange them. I turned my head to face my window which had faint rays of sunlight sneaking through the closed curtain. I've heard light of dawn breaks through the desk and brings the hope of light but I didn't feel energised at all.

Not even when my dad calls for me—not like I have ever been. When I went into that gloomy room of his which looked good for him apparently, he fixed his glasses and looked at me with a smile. I stood there unable to return the smile—waiting for him to say something.
"I've got a great news for you~ beside this will help you to go out more and not be like social distancing from everyone since the day you came here."
I groaned as he glared at me. "Fine, what is it?"

"That's more like it. I finally put you into one of management courses I came across recently and I think if you also go there you can finally learn something about this business and so I could be at peace finally." I looked at him as if he was crazy.
"What? Are you crazy?" I snapped back at him. Does he think I'm interested? Would he think I'll go just because he says? Absolutely no.

"That's not the reaction I expected but okay."
"No, my reaction doesn't matter here. You know very much that I'm not interested in these things so why do you want to make me do something away from my own will?" I asked at him as he sighed.

"Son...."

"No"

"Yibo.."

"No"

"WANG YIBO"

"Yes?"

"Okay great so I'll send them that you are coming."
"WHAT?" I asked bewildered at his ironic self.

"What? You said yes so yes it is." He said smiling. What the actual fuck?
"Father are you crazy? I'm not going and that's final." I retorted crossing my hands over my chest.

"Can you for once think about me too? Yibo, stop being selfish. I know-"
"Stop saying me to not be selfish. I'm NOT selfish and I'm not going." I strutted away, remembering the same thing Zhan told me yesterday.

'I'm NOT selfish.' I mumbled to myself while I was back in my room. A sudden knock on my door made me snap my head at the door. The intruder didn't bother for me to say 'come in' and strolled into my room. When I realised who it was I glared at him in return to his sly smile he had.

"Tssk, what's wrong with that hold hag? Why is he frowning so hard that it looks as if the house could be crushed with how hard he was scrunching the eyebrows?" Yu bin asked as I rolled my eyes again.

"How am I supposed to know. By the way who gave you permission to come into my room? I'm certainly not talking to you." I said and huffed—looking away.

"Aw come'on bro. It's not my fault that my flight had to be cancelled and come here few days later than I am supposed to." He said putting an arm around my
shoulder which I shook away.
"Whatever." I laid down on my bed not wanting to continue the conversation.
"How can you ignore your best friend when he just came back after years to re-unite with you?" He said while giving puppy eyes. I eventually gave in and wrapped my hands around him, hugging tight. How dare you left me here all alone you fucker. I muffled into his shirt as he chuckled.

"Hey, bro are you crying?" I didn't realise tears were falling nor I didn't knew the reason. I merely laughed out and wiped away my tears when I broke the hug. I waved my hand indicating it's nothing when his gaze kept questioning me.
We both ended up catching our everything we missed and for my happiness he promised to stay with me for few days. At least he will help me to forget someone.

<~>

Merry as it sounded to stay with him—the moment he said he has to leave to his house here for emergency so early was really a disappointment. I was just hoping to have some quality days but just as if my fate hates it, he left just today morning. The rest of my day was spent like my usual gloomy days with me keep getting paced out in nowhere.
I was though glad about the fact my dad didn't try to pursue me anymore nor talked about it. But the certain raven haired still failed to leave my mind, reminding how much of a dreamy-like it felt those days.

I often wonders if it was just a dream I saw and neither him nor that week wasn't real. When I realised I was walking towards a place which I wanted to avoid so badly—I was too late. I was standing by the city cemetery, glancing at various tombs lie in-front of my eyes. Even I was used to be scared of going to these at night—today It seemed just as day just the darkness for the difference.

It was as deserted as I expected and grieve was lingering all over the place. The ground might've been wet from endless tears of people who cried for their beloved one. I have always thought crying over someone who isn't alive in this world anymore was useless. What's the point for wasting them when their is plenty of enough things to keep crying about?

When my dad first told me we were moving back here last year, I almost threw a big tantrum saying I don't want to. Actually who would want to come back to be met with ugly memories again? But after all it wasn't that bad as I could see her whenever I want now.

I stopped at my tracks in front of a small cement tomb which wasn't fancy like others nor had any flowers like others had. It was plainly just standing there, just to indicate the place was occupied. It had my mother's name with the year of her birth and death. I crouched down in front of it and kept staring at it. The memories I had with her were vague but some were vivid. There was one time on her birthday, I kept working hard on making a birthday card by myself and she had her biggest smile I've ever seen when she saw the final result. That was the most vivid memory I had and I thought maybe if I never had any memories—Me and my father's situations would be different than present.

A sudden shuffling sound brought me back from my thoughts. I glanced around only to be faced to other grave stones and the darkness. With still shaken about inside—I turned back to my mother's. But the sound repeated again but more louder, meaning it's getting near. I gulped away rather shakily the lump formed on my throat and stood up—slowly. When I realised what I heard were footsteps, I was too late.

<<~>>

I live for cliffhangers :)