More Bad Than Good

Start from the beginning

"Think about it Dad, all right? They're driving. Malia starts to change. She goes out of control, the mom crashes, and everybody dies." Stiles told him.

"Except for Malia." Taylor finished.

"She blames herself, all right? Goes off running into the woods, and eventually... becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." Stiles explained.

Stilinski nodded. "That makes sense..." he grumbled. "In a Chinese folktale! Guys, this is-this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The five of you? Not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this." Scott looked off staring at something. "Scott? Scott!"

"Sorry... What did you say?" He asked distractedly.

Stilinski groaned. "Aw, hell...Mr. Tate."

"Mr. Tate?" Rafael asked as Mr.Tate took the blanket out of Stilinski's hand.

"It's hers." He confirmed.

"All right, wait here."

"Dad..." Scott started before Rafael cut him off.

"I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late."

"I really don't like him." I whispered to Destiny.

"Me either." She agreed.

"What the hell are you doing, bringing him here?" Stilinski asked him as the two of them walked towards the den.

"I'm getting confirmation on a more than significant lead-- and starting to understand why your department can't close cases." Rafael retorted.

"There's no body! There's no remains to identify." Stilinski shot back.

"Well, not yet, Sheriff! But, do a little digging, and I'm sure you'll uncover something... like the bones of a nine-year-old girl?" Rafael said to him.

"I think you're going to find it's just a little bit more complicated than that, Special Agent." Stilinski told him sarcastically.

Rafael let out a sigh. "Come on, Stilinski. You know how this goes. It's the not knowing that ruins people like Tate. The truth-- no matter how profoundly it sucks-- the truth is always better than not knowing." He turned to walk towards us.

"The fuck are you looking at?" I asked him.

"Hey watch your language." He pointed at me.

"My apologies!" I rolled my eyes. "May I ask what the fuck you are looking at, please?"

"It's late and it's a school night."

"Yeah, so?" I shrugged.

"You three are a little young to be out this late on a school night." He lectured making me scoff. "I think you three shouldn't be staying out this late anymore."

"And I think you should mind your own business." I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Watch the tone kid." He warned.

"Or what? You going to arrest me for talking circles around you?" I glared at him.

He looked at me shocked for a moment before Stiles jumped in. "Time to go." He grabbed me by my shoulders and quickly directed me away from them.

After we were a good few feet away he spoke again. "That was amazing. You're amazing Bella, he was so surprised."

"He gets on my fucking nerves." I shrugged.