Chapter 50 Trap Within a Trap

No one's POV

Currently, still at the fueling station, the Reds and Blues were going over their options for the situation that they were in.

Epsilon: Alright, the way I see it we've got three options; I'm gonna go through these in the order of "Fucking Terrible" to "Goddamn Nightmare"

Epsilon: Alright, the way I see it we've got three options; I'm gonna go through these in the order of "Fucking Terrible" to "Goddamn Nightmare". Option A: We can take our last teleportation grenade and jump to a place on Chorus where we can lay low for a while.

Tex: The obvious con here is that the armies will probably blow each other to kingdom m come. But, Zero, Carolina, Church and I have gotten pretty good about fighting these guys on the run. If we're careful, we might be able to gather enough equipment and intel to get off this planet and bring Control to justice.

Simmons: Just to clarify, that's the best option?

Epsilon: That was "Fucking Terrible".

Carolina: We lose Chorus, but still have a chance to bring down Control and walk away from this alive. That gives us two out of three.

Grif: What's Option B?

Epsilon: If, and let me tell you, I cannot stretch this "if" hard enough, if Locus and Felix are telling the truth, we go back to the canyon, get on the ship, go home. If anybody asks, we tell them we stole the ride before all the crazy army people showed up and started murdering each other.

Sarge: Gotta be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the 'if', and the thousands of deaths aren't great either.

Tucker: What about Option C?

Epsilon: We teleport to the radio jammer. If we take out their defenses, and shut down the machine, and if we're not too late, then we can broadcast a message to the capital.

Donut: Oh, well that one doesn't sound too bad.

Epsilon: Weelll, here's the thing. I've been running Carolina's healing unit whenever I can but her leg is still garbage. Combine that with the fact that these guys have Freelancer equipment, advanced weaponry-

Carolina: We get it... Some of us won't make it back.

Tex: Yeah, that's putting it lightly.

Epsilon: Ehhhg Most of us... won't make it back.

Tucker: But we could save everyone at the capital.

Epsilon: Yeah If, if, if, we make it back in time. Then you just need to find a way to convince two armies that a bunch of dead people, are actually alive, and telling the truth.

 Then you just need to find a way to convince two armies that a bunch of dead people, are actually alive, and telling the truth