Chapter 42 Resucue Mission?

No one's POV

Currently in to the New Republic Headquarters, in a bunker, One, Tucker, Grif, Simmons, and Caboose were standing.

Simmons: What do you mean 'leaving'? Where are we going?

Caboose: Is it to the park?! Ooh, I know, it's the beach! Wait a minute, you're not taking me to the vet, are you?

Tucker: No, we're going to break into that compound and bust out our friends.

Simmons: But, we still have some time left to train the squad. Why would we leave now?

One: Because the squad's not coming with us.

Caboose: Are they going in a separate car?

Tucker: No.

Caboose: Ah, so they're flying. Ya know, I have an extra bag to check. Is that gonna be a problem? Cause-

One: No. Caboose, we're going on this mission alone.

Caboose: Alone with the squad. Got it.

Grif: Why would we do that?

Tucker:  I don't know if you guys have noticed, but our super-elite team sucks. There's no way they'll be able to pull off a rescue mission.

Simmons: We don't know that. Kimball could still pass us.

One: This isn't about passing. They clearly aren't ready yet, and I don't see them being ready by the time they move Wash and the others. The Rebels can afford any unnecessary loses, especially because of us.

Simmons: Oh. Yeah, that's a problem.

Tucker: Look, Felix, was right. We're just gonna end up getting more people killed.

Grif: So you're saying we should just get ourselves killed instead?

Tucker: Hey, we've done crazier things than this. Remember that time we fought, like, a bajillion hundred robots? We didn't fuck that up.

Simmons: We had Church.

Tucker: Okay, well, what about C.T.? Or the Meta?

Simmons: We got lucky.

Tucker: Bullshit. Now maybe we can't teach a bunch of people how to fight, but the four of us can totally pull this off. We're not gonna get another chance like this. We just have to go in and get our guys back. After that, Wash will know what to do.

Simmons: But even Maverick and Felix couldn't break into this place.

Tucker: We're not Felix. Felix is smart. The Feds won't be expecting dumb.

One: For once, I agree with you. They're not going to see an unorthodox approach coming.

Caboose: Hey! Who are you calling dumb?