Chaos Rising (Part 2)

Isaac bursts up from the icy water, gasping through his fangs as his body convulses from the cold.

"Get him back under!" Deaton told the three werewolves holding him down.

Stiles, Derek, and Scott push Isaac beneath the swirling ice, trying to keep his body submerged. Isaac's body shudders, jerking upward.

"Hold him!"

"We're trying!" Derek snaps.

Isaac's eyes snap open, glowing yellow. Strangled gasps come from his throat. But then, finally, his body relaxes. Breath slowing, he slips back amid the ice and closes his eyes.

Deaton whispers to the others,"Now remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out."

Isaac stirs, eyes moving under the lids as if dreaming.

"Isaac. Can you hear me?" Deaton asks softly.

"Yes," The Beta replies,"I can hear you."

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?"

"Yes."

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd," Deaton says in the same calm soothing voice,"I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible. Like you were actually there again."

"I--I don't wanna do that. I don't... wanna do that. I don't wanna do that," Isaac says, his body starting to tense up, and the other werewolves start pushing him back down as he starts to struggle.

"It's all right, Isaac. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory," Deaton says, not changing his tone.

Easing back down, he seems to relax again.

"So let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is it some kind of building? A house?"

"Not a house. The walls are stone. Like marble."

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?"

"It's dusty. Empty."

"Like an abadoned building? Isaac?"

"Somone's here," Isaac says like he's out of breath.

His hand wraps around Scott's wrist, grabbing him with a sudden and painful intensity.

"Isaac, relax," Deaton says slowly.

"They're here! They're coming!" He half shouted.

"They can't hurt you," Deaton reminds him with a disturbing amount of calmness,"It's just a memory. Your memories can't hurt you."

Breathing hard, Isaac's grip begins to loosen.

"They can't hurt you. Just relax."

Finally, he releases his grip on Scott who pulls back in relief.

"Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything..."

Flashback

Moving quickly and trying to stay hidden in the shadows, Isaac glances back as he hurries deeper into the building.

But he stops at a turn. His hearing focuses on a voice, low and distinct.

"But I can't control it. Neither of us are going to be able to..."

Inching around the corner, Isaac tries to spot Boyd in the darkness. All he sees, however, are vague shapes.

End Flashback