Frenemy (Part 2)

Stiles steps in while unzipping his backpack,"Okay, I brought you some food--"

Two hands snap out, fingers grasping for his throat. Stiles leans back just out of Jackson's reach as he swipes at him. Gasping from exertion, he finally lowers his chained hands,"Let me out. Now."

Stiles takes a seat at a safe distance,"You know, I put those pants on you. One leg at a time. Being up close and personal with your junk was not exactly a highlight of my day. So don't think this is fun for me either. We're doing you a favor."

"This is doing me a favor?" Jackson asks, shaking his shackled hands.

"Yes," Stiles says, making sure Jackson hears his words carefully,"You're killing people. To death. And until we figure out how to stop you, you're staying in here. Now do you want ham and cheese or the turkey club?" Stiles asks, holding up two sandwiches.

"You actually think my parents won't be looking for me?" Jackson asks smugly.

"Not if they think nothing's wrong," Stiles tells him, holding up Jackson's own cell phone on which he's sent the text - Stayed at a friend's house last night. Everything fine. Love you.

Change Of View

Mr. Whittemore shows the same message to Sheriff Stilinski on his own phone.

"Maybe I'm missing something but this doesn't exactly spell foul play," Stilinski tells him.

"It reads: Stayed at a friend's house last night. Everything fine. Love you. Now, while we're as close as any family can be, there are certain things Jackson has been unable to say since the day we told him he was adopted," Whittemore says, sounding sad.

"Things like what?"

"Jackson never says I love you," Whittemore replies.

"Ever?" Stilinski says, shocked.

"Not once in eleven in eleven years."

Change Of view

Seated in front of Gerard's desk in the principal's office, an uneasy Allison watches her grandfather shut the office door.

"So who did you say you were studying with tonight?" Gerard asks.

"Just Lydia," Allison replies,"We're prepping for our World History midterm."

"And what about Hope?" Gerard questions.

"She doesn't even need to try with any of her school work," Allison says, sounding annoyed,"She treats history like her family is a part of it."

Gerard smiles with pride,"Our family has been quite famous over the tears, most of them heroes for their work as hunters. But I was asking where Hope is today for school."

"Oh, uh, she just needed a day by herself," Allison lies.

"The loss of a parent can be harder on the young," Gerard states and all Allison can do is nod in agreement,"History was one of my favorites as well. Especially military history. Have you ever heard the phrase 'Know thy enemy'?"

"It's from The Art of War by Sun Tzu," Allison answers.

"Very good. Know what it means?"

"In order to win a battle you need to know everything you can about your enemy," Allison says, reciting what she had read recently.

"Right again. Your father and I happen to be having that very problem," Gerard says,"We've got an enemy about which we know next to nothing. And it killed one of our own, among others."

"I heard."

"Did you hear Jackson Whittemore didn't show up to school today either?"

Allison takes a noticeable pause before responding,"He didn't?"