Master Plan (Part 2)

Derek moves for the door, but Peter places a hand on his arm,"Derek, we need Lydia."

"There's no time--" Derek starts.

"That's the problem," Peter interrupts,"We're rushing. Moving too fast. And while everyone knows a moving target is easier to hit, here we are racing right into Gerard's cross hairs."

"If I have the chance to kill Jackson, I'm taking it," Derek replies, shrugging the hand off, he grabs the doorknob, turning it.

Change Of View

Argent flips the keys into the palm of his hand. A nervous Isaac watches while Scott cocks his head, listening for other sounds. But he doesn't hear anything,"You're alone?"

Argent offers a pained smile,"More than you know."

"Then what do you want?"

"We don't have much in common, Scott," Argent tells him,"But at the moment we do have a common enemy."

Scott eyes the trunk of the car,"That's why I'm trying to get him out of here."

"I didn't mean Jackson."

Isaac and Scott share a confused look. But then Scott realizes,"Gerard."

Change Of View

Stiles sets his phone back on the desk, face down as if not wanting to even glance at the messages,"How much can we do about this?"

"Without my magic, not a lot--"

"Why won't you use your magic?" Stiles interrupts.

"It's not a won't thing, Stiles. I can't, you know I've tried."

"Then stop trying, just use it," Stiles tells her.

"I can't, okay?!" Hope shouts, and Stiles can feel it, her magic leaking out like water in a pressure built pipe,"And so what? I can still help," She moves toward the door, but Stiles blocks her path.

"See that's the problem," Stiles says, looking into her eyes so he can make sure she hears every word,"You don't care if you get hurt. But you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated. And if you die? I'll literally go out of my mind. See, death doesn't happen to you. It happens to everyone around you. To all the people left standing there at your funeral trying to figure out how to get on with their lives without you in it."

He points to the bruise on his cheek and the split lip,"Look at my face! You actually think this was meant to hurt me?!"

His intensity frightens her, causing her to flinch back.

"I'm sorry," He says,"You can't use your magic, because you still feel the death of your Mom and your Aunt. You're supposed to be the most powerful, but you couldn't do anything about it. So you're suppressing your magic."

"I'm not," Hope says, even though she knows that Stiles speaks the truth.

"The last thing you said to your Aunt was that you were no longer family, that was the last memory you will ever have of her. And you regret it," Stiles says,"You have to forgive yourself, Hope."

"I can't," Hope shouts,"Everything that I've done, everything I am. It's against everything my family believes. They will hunt me down."

"What did your uncle say the night after we killed Peter?"

Hope pauses,"That I was still family."

"I don't think that sounds like someone that would just give someone up because of what they are."

Hope swallows,"That doesn't help with my magic though."

"Are you sure about that?" Stiles asks, looking around the room, smiling.