Messy Moments

Magsimula sa umpisa

We got to the restaurant and followed the waiter to the table with Tess and Riley.
"Hey" Tess said to us "hey. How are you" "good. You guys" "not too bad. Isaacs grandmother came this morning" "came, like just showed up" "yup" "what for" Riley asked "just because I guess. She's an old woman with nothing else to do and the means to take any trip she wants" "that is true. You talked to Summer" Tess asked Riley "last night. She said it's going really well and that he said he's okay to come back" "did something happen" Rory asked "nope. I guess it just clicked" "I hope that's the case. It'll be good" "mhm".

"So you guys are gonna hate me" Riley said "why" I asked "I- well Maya stopped by" "at your house" "mhm. Said she needed to talk to him and to do that she needed to talk to us and I may have invited her" "you what" Tess asked "I know. She might be right, I can't be mean like you guys and I don't know, I just couldn't say no" "I don't really see what she thinks we want to hear" Tess said "true".

We waited less than ten minutes before she showed up.

"Hey" she said sitting on the empty seat "why are you here Maya" Tess asked, right to the point "he's not answering any of calls or texts and I'm not saying I don't know why but I at least want to know he's okay" "he's not and you knew that before sleeping with the same guy he asked you to distance yourself from" Rory said "well I asked him to do the same and that never changed" "and he never slept with me, never even tried. What did you think you were accomplishing" "nothing, I was wrong and I messed up and I just want to fix things with him" "I don't think trying to prove to us that you can handle being in a relationship without hurting him is the right step. You messed up big time and we were never even contemplating seeing if he would give you another chance" I said but my tone was much calmer than Rorys or Tess "we were going through a bad time in our relationship, it's not easy and I obviously handled the stress wrong but he's not perfect, not even close. He lied and kept secrets and I was so far down his list of priorities, I'm surprised he even noticed" "he put his father in the hospital" "Tess" Riley said "no. She's so worried about fucking secrets and priorities, here's some. His family is trying to kill him so he put his dad in the hospital with a small bullet wound and pounded his face in. He's not okay and hasn't been but he still found time to bring your sorry ass some flowers and asked us to check in when we could. We know damn well he's not perfect but you're pathetic for sitting here and bitching to us about how much attention he showed you" "I didn't know about his family" she said shamefully "I know, but you knew about your relationship and you still decided to fuck that up. You know what your problem was" "what" "you stopped caring about him a long time ago, you just cared that he didn't care about Rory" "that's not true. I tried to keep us in a good place but she always interfered" "don't try to save face. I never kissed him, I never tried to make a play at him, and we damn sure didn't fuck in the back of my car. He respected your relationship more than you think because trust me I'm not even one of the many girls that asked to go back to his penthouse or get a drink or hang out. One guy bats an eyelash at you and your friend gives you that dumbass plan and you fold. Don't make your shortcomings about me" "right, I forgot you were all perfect" "don't do that Maya. Try to play that pity game. He cared for you a lot and we tried. I mean we took you out of the damn country without even meeting you. You should've left this at 'I messed up and I'm sorry' because nothing else is going to work" I said "got it, I'm gonna go then" she said grabbing her purse and sliding her chair out to leave.

"I'm sorry if that ruined lunch" Riley said, she really was the nicest of us "nope I could still eat" Rory said and we agreed then we continued our conversations.

///

"Hey amor. How was lunch" Isaac said as I went into the room "well" "what happened" "Maya came to talk" "why" "I think she thought we would tell Gio to answer her. It was dumb" "hm. My dad said his dad is back home" "oh yea" "mhm. His jaw is wired shut, one of his eyes is swollen shut since Gio shattered the bone around it. His nose is pretty swollen too and he has an oxygen tank when he has trouble breathing" "so it's bad" "yea" "does Gio know he's home" "no. I'm gonna see him tonight though" "okay. Is your grandmother here" "nope, Lorenzo took her to see Sydney and the kids" "oh really" "mhm. Come here" he said smirking before I walked over to him.