chapter 14

Back to the present

After hearing about the possibility of Megumi's biological mom being alive,
y/n decided to search for her after getting Megumi's permission to do so.
Y/n and Megumi have started their search by doing recearch on his relatives. Turns out his mom has a sister, whom they decided to visit to see if she has any information about his mom.

Sadly the sister knew nothing and she too thought his mom was dead, though she was happy to see Megumi again after all this time and she and y/n got along well too. They did learn that Megumi also had an uncle on his dads side, and that his grandparents on that side were still alive. But he also learned that they were absolute assholes, he kind off knew that already though.

The next step was going through whatever they could find about his mom. Her hobbies, her old job, basically trying to figure out her life. Again, nothing came off it.

'I don't want to, but we should ask him'

'No'

'Megs, we need him to help us. You and i both know he could probably figure it out in a day. We've spent almost an entire month now and we still have nothing'

'Ugh... fine. But im not happy about it'

Y/n gave Megumi a smile and a patt on the head. After that she took out her phone, the next step was to give him a call.

'Y/nnnn! What did you call me for today? Miss me already?'

Y/n sighed.

'No. I just need your help with... a problem. There's a curse, and i need you to find it. Help me find it please, Satoru'

Ofcourse he agreed to help them, and got to work immediately, after he was told all they knew about the curse. As expected, Satoru found the curse within a day, and even captured it.

'So basically all we need to know is the info about your birthmom, correct?'

'Yes'

'Allright then, its interrogation time!'

Satoru happily entered the special room they imprissoned the curse in. Since he said that it would take a while, i decided to make lunch for the three of us with Megumi. Needless to say both were very nervous about the results of the interrogation, and had trouble focusing on what they were doing. Luckly Satoru finished interrogating before they even finished making the food.

He walked into the kitchen and sat us down to tell us how it went.

'Im just going to make this explanation simple and short, okay?'

Both nodded.

'This curse is one that loves messing with peoples feelings, it lives from bringing back old memories and what not from loved ones and it has toyed around with people for quite some time now. Megumi..... your biological mom, she's not alive'

Megumi wasn't sure how to feel about this, it made him more confused, angry, sad, irritated, and even a bit relieved. He wanted to completely annihilate the curse that messed with him, and with his mother. It frustrated him so much that even a tear fell down his cheek. Y/n felt frustrated too, she hated this. Megumi being so upset and all, everything was all because of this stupid little curse that decided to pick on the one she loved most in this world.  She immediately pulled Megumi into her embrace and patted his head.

What do we do now?

'Megumii-channn, would you like to exorcise the curse?'

Gojo had a smirk on his face, he knew Megumi would want that. Megumi looked up at him in disbelief. Was he ready to take on such a curse? It couldn't have been that weak right?

'Ill be there too if something goes wrong ofcourse so theres no need to worry'

'I want to do it. Let me kill the curse Satoru'

'Very good. However we should eat first'

After a simple lunch the two sorcerers went back to the curse. It smirked when it saw Megumi walk in.

'So the little mommy's boy has finally come to see me. Has big snowflake over there already told you the news? Or do i get the pleasure of telling you?'

Megumi looked at it expressionless. He then walked closer to it.

'The only thing im here for, is for your exorcism'

The curse laughed.

'So little baby boy is a little upseettttt because his mommy's dead. You can't kill me anyway. I still have informationnn'

Megumi hesitated for a second. He then realised that Satoru was the one that interrogated the curse. There was absolutely no way. He then summoned his shikigami dogs and attacked the curse, the dogs slowly tearing it appart. It needed to be painfull. The curse only deseved pain.

'Megumi its enough. Kill it NOW'

Megumi gave an irritated look but then gave his dogs the order to kill the curse.

It went better and much easier than Satoru expected. Ofcourse all the seals and what not helped too but Megumi had gotten a lot stronger than he had thought. He felt really proud of the kid for a moment.

'Lets go Megumi, i think someone would like to hear how it went'

Not that it was much special. But they both knew she cared a lot. They walked out of the room and made a quick report about the curse. Afterwards they returned to the kitchen, where y/n was busy talking with Nobara.

There was something Megumi needed to ask y/n.